46.04 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 4

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

crobillard
Ex-GM

46.04 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 4

Post by crobillard » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:43 pm

At this point we want to mess with the timeline a little bit. We're going to save the rest of that conversation with Gichere for another post. We want to fast forward to why this is interesting and we want to tell you that Gichere wasn't lying. Robillard sent him to space with others. From what we understand at this point, and we'll dive into this more later, Robillard's intention was to find people that work well together. We were able to receive transmissions from Gichere throughout his stay on what he called the "RimWorld." What follows are the messages directly from Gichere with some commentary from us in bold from this point forward.

--------------------------

It was so loud when I woke up. The alarms for the ship were blaring and I immediately took a look outside. We were landing a little faster than what how it looked in the simulation. There were others on the ship with me. It's the first time I have seen them. Did Robillard mix me up with another group? He never said people were coming with me. One of the woman quickly jumped to the front of the ship and pulled back on some levers. I remember doing it in the simulations, but this ship looks so much different. I strapped into my seat and held onto some metal handrails that remind me of some amusement park rides. The other woman with us strapped into the seat next to me. All of us were rather young. Probably in their twenties.

There's a loud tearing sound and a fire erupts in the cabin. The girl up front screams for us to get back in our pods and eject. The girl next to me runs over without issue, but the force of the velocity of the ground is pinning me to my seat. I'm stuck and I can't even move a finger much less my entire body into my pod. The girl that was up front kicks at my seat right next to my head. I thought she was trying to murder me. She's repeatedly kicking it so hard. I think she's trying to break it, so I try rocking my body back and forth as much as I can. She grabs my hand and gives the seat one more swift kick. The chair flies backward and the girl flings me into my pod with ease. As the pod closes I quickly hit the big red eject button and I am spinning away from the ship. I don't see the others anywhere when I frantically look around. This was not supposed to happen.

I'm not sure how long it has been because I fell asleep. My pod crashed on a RimWorld, but I'm not sure this is the one Robillard planned on us going to. I did a quick inventory of everything on me. I have food, some wood, some weapons, some clothing and bits of other material. As I am looking through everything I start noticing my surrounding and large sheets of metal falling all around me. Then, two other pods hit the ground and the two woman who helped me earlier get out of their pods safely.

Their names are Koga and Mila. There's no time for introductions though. We need to survive today. We start looking around. First, the gravity on this world is very similar to Earth. There's water and mountains too. Trees everywhere. We seemed to have landed in some kind of rainforest. There are some very loud sounds from far away, but I can't see anything right now. Wait, is that a yak? It landed with Mila. What have I gotten myself into?

---------------------------

This was a pretty incredible start and when we first read it we got very concerned for Gichere. We reached out to Robillard again and left a message telling him what we knew. He responded back immediately. "We should meet. Come to my office immediately. Check in with Cathy. She'll help you."

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”