46.03 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 3

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

crobillard
Ex-GM

46.03 Koga's Tears: A Jackrabbits Story Pt. 3

Post by crobillard » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:26 pm

It was 7:00am on the dot. I didn't sleep at all the night before. Something about Gichere's demeanor just kept me thinking all night. He said, "Good morning Tony. I am going to share with you a story that I'm not certain I want to tell, but I promise I will be truthful to my recollection." My mind was already screaming that I needed to record this, so I was going to ask him if it was okay if I recorded, but I remembered that my phone audio was really below our quality standard that we would like and this seemed pretty important for Bower Pond Stories, so I asked him to meet me at our studio. He pleaded for us to meet immediately if we had to.

I arrived in less than an hour. He wasn't there. I brainstormed on a pad the question format depending on what this could be about. Back then, we weren't very privy to any conspiracy theories around the Jackrabbits, so I was very interested, but my mind wasn't running wild with any multidimensional theories or anything else that's being proposed at the time of this writing. Honestly the worst thought I had was that this could be a admission of guilt of some sort. Culture problem within this organization, either a sexual assault allegation or a cheating scandal.

He arrived probably 30 minutes after I did. He seemed a lot different than the day prior. He seemed paranoid. Looking around, fidgety almost like he was on some kind of drug. He was also so fast. I can confidently say that I have never in my life seen anyone move as fast as he did in that moment. This is kind of weird to explain, but he wasn't running. He was walking, but it was just extraordinarily fast. At that moment, I knew something was really wrong. Everything screamed within me to get away from this, but I sent a colleague a notification letting them know what was going on. She responded that she would be right there.

Once we were in the building Gichere seemed to be less paranoid, but he was still so fast. I tried asking him about it, but he was uncontrolled in his speech. I just tried to get him in the studio so I could record. He didn't seem resistant just very preoccupied in his thoughts. This was a very different person than the one I spoke with the day before. Once I was able to sit him down I turned on the recording. We will be releasing the audio for this interview in full as soon as we feel it is appropriate to do so, but for now I'll give you the highlights.

He started by telling me his history. He was an Assistant GM with the Aztecs for two years about a decade prior moved onto a single year with UMEBA's Baghdad franchise until Robillard reached out to him about six years later out of the blue. He explained how he wasn't really trying to get back into baseball. Baghdad was kind of a mess. He wanted a career in the BBA and when it didn't work out in Mexico City he decided to try to build a reputation in UMEBA. That's what he wanted anyway. After getting fired in his first year he got demoralized. He moved back to his home country of Nigeria and opened a small shop in which he made and sold trinkets. When Robillard reached out he was shocked. He never imagined returning to baseball. Robillard told him that he was looking for someone with good crafting skills that could help him craft a team structure capable of surviving even the most challenging of team situations.

"I explained to him that crafting trinkets is definitely not the same as crafting a team structure and Robillard cut me off and ensured me that the qualities do have some crossover skills. I remember him going on a rant about how the wheel was created and how the team can use someone with that kind of innovation. I was never that good at crafting, but I really just wanted to get back into baseball. It felt nice to have someone so confident in me arguing why I should join him rather than having to convince him that I would be a good addition. That became something I witnessed a lot. Robillard convincing people to join the Jackrabbits. I've been with the team for a couple seasons now. I've never seen Robillard hold an interview for any position."

Gichere also shared that there was a young man and woman that worked for the Jackrabbits, but it didn't seem like it was in any official capacity. The young man had some extraordinary gifts. He made several predictions regarding games and gave Robillard winning probabilities based on the acquisitions he made. Gichere explained that he thought this was some kind of weird sabermetrics thing until he had a conversation with the young man. He was a scientist.

"I couldn't fathom why a baseball team would have a scientist working for them and working so close to the general manager. Just recently it all started to make sense and this is the real story I would like to share with you, but it is exceptionally long and I don't want to leave out any details."

"Robillard is going to send me into space."

I know what you're thinking because we thought the same thing. This story is fake. A baseball team IS NOT sending their employees into space. Just bear with us because it will start to make sense. We got live updates from Gichere the offseason after the 2044 season. We will be sharing those updates with you. While we got those updates Bower Pond Stories didn't stop trying to get more information from elsewhere in the Jackrabbits organization or the BBA. We are sharing all of it with you. Stay tuned and be safe.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”