42.17 Owner Juan Rivera uses team plane to collect players for BBA draft

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

crobillard
Ex-GM

42.17 Owner Juan Rivera uses team plane to collect players for BBA draft

Post by crobillard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Over the past three seasons BBA GMs have been sounding off that recent amateur drafts are not like the drafts from 2038. Spoiled, whiny GMs complaining how "this is how the game is balancing out the amazing 2038 draft" and "all that will be available [for my first round pick] will be 40 overall players." Reportedly, Edmonton Jackrabbits owner Juan Rivera took things into his own hands late into this offseason and used his private plane to collect players from colleges around the world to bring them to BBA headquarters to sign up for the amateur draft. Top Jackrabbits players Steven Collins III and Jubal Troop accompanied Rivera on the ten day trip and signed autographs for fans.

Projected to be a high overall pick Netflix College outfield Pedro Bustamante was exceptionally appreciative of Rivera's efforts after initially failing to sign with the Montreal Blazers after the 2038 draft. There were several players picked up in Rivera's plane to assist with the BBA's perceived extreme talent shortage. Also, from Netflix College, Pancho Costa raved about the surprise trip. "My buddy said that Collins was here, but I didn't believe it. We were halfway into our end of the year keg when Collins called to me 'hey Pancho!' My jaw dropped and I spilled beer all over myself."

Other players delivered by the Jackrabbits plane were Office Depot College's first baseman Wilson Estrada, Coca Cola College's third baseman Chris Mann,Gulf Oil College's outfielder Yo Miyamoto, and pitchers Raul Alvarez, Pat Brown, Derrick Chaney, Gilberto Cordero, Bill Keil, Dave Lee, Albert Love, John Olson, Martin Román, Shinsaku Sato, and Itze Woertgen

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 42.16 Owner Juan Rivera uses team plane to collect players for BBA draft

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:15 pm

Heh
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

bigmike13
Ex-GM

Post by bigmike13 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:58 am

Now that's how you do it.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:12 am

Gotta give these players something memorable for when they come to the Jackrabbits

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”