39.20 A Post-Bobby Lynch Jackrabbits Future #7 Emilio Brazini

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

crobillard
Ex-GM

39.20 A Post-Bobby Lynch Jackrabbits Future #7 Emilio Brazini

Post by crobillard » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:33 am

I'm dropping Emilio Brazini in the number 7 spot on this list, but I don't feel good about it. I'm just going to jump right into it.

He was drafted this year by the Calgary Pioneers with the 16th pick in round 2 and rated 2/3/3 with 7/6/5 potentials and a 91-93 velocity. In high school he pitched well, 6-8 in 25 starts with a 4.44 ERA in 119.2 innings with 16 homeruns, 60 walks and 157 Ks. He collapsed on himself in his senior year ballooning to a 6.29 ERA in 34.1 innings. There was no injury I could find that would prompt such a variable high school performance, but overall, he wasn't terrible. Brazini is a lefty and he has huge stamina, but he has one major problem that many pitchers seem to have in the BBA, the dreaded changeup.

After getting drafted, he entered Rookie ball and pitched himself to a 4.67 ERA in seven starts of 34.2 innings of work, allowing 39 hits, a homerun, seven walks and 15 Ks. Almost two months after the draft he was included in a trade with Edmonton in exchange for SP Bobby Lynch. Upon his arrival to Edmonton he was bounced around from Rookie league, Short A and A ball as I clearly didn't know what I was doing. Despite my negligence, he's seen some progression with a bump in stuff and movement. He's now rated 3/5/3 with 7/6/5 potentials and increased his velocity to 93-95.

This is a short one as there's not much to write about with Brazini. He needs to progress his changeup in order to start in the future. For next year, I'll probably stick him in the bullpen and move him up to A ball to see how he reacts. He may need another season in Rookie league, but I want to push him a little and see if he can get that changeup developed. I'm not sure it's very likely, but if he does develop completely I could see him being a bottom of the rotation starter and a big innings eater with his 12 stamina. He's a lefty too which definitely helps give the rotation a different look. I'm wondering if it's more likely he becomes a lefty bullpen arm in the future with around 8/6/5 ratings and a couple good pitches. I'm not opposed to the idea.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 39.20 A Post-Bobby Lynch Jackrabbits Future #7 Emilio Brazini

Post by RonCo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:17 am

Probably does need another year in R-Ball, or at least a little time there. Perhaps, if he nudges the stuff a notch in the off-season, he can start in Short A.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

crobillard
Ex-GM

Re: 39.20 A Post-Bobby Lynch Jackrabbits Future #7 Emilio Brazini

Post by crobillard » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 am

RonCo wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:17 am
Probably does need another year in R-Ball, or at least a little time there. Perhaps, if he nudges the stuff a notch in the off-season, he can start in Short A.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. I like him. Very concerned about that changeup though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”