39.8 Checking the Locks: Right Field

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

crobillard
Ex-GM

39.8 Checking the Locks: Right Field

Post by crobillard » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:35 am

This is a series where I will evaluate the options in each position leading into Spring Training. This is the eighth of eleven parts. I will be taking a look into the right field position in this post.

Sure fire locks: Mitch Dalrymple
Near lock: Mike Gilbert
Trying to get in the door: Widodo Kawilarang

Another solid contact hitter is Dalrymple. He has been in the majors for five seasons now and last season was leaps and bounds his best at 5.5 WAR and a .331/.382/.585 batting line with 33 homeruns. He won the golden bat award and the diamond glove award for RF in the Frick. He also was Cartwright MVP in 2038, he just turned 26 years old and by the way he's a lefty. I don't think there is anything wrong with this dude. He's perfect. Say something bad about him and I'll send Dusty Rhodes after you. That dude is actually insane.

Gilbert is not good defensively. 5 range, 5 error and 9 arm in the outfield, but he has a decent bat 6/7/8/5/5 ratings with a contact bump to 7 against lefties. I'd much prefer a defensive option in the outfield. That's why Jose Carlos Moreno in centerfield is getting a look in spring training. Kawilarang is another option, but not a good defensive one. He's bad versus lefties, but he'll hit with 6/7/6/5/6 ratings against righties, which isn't terrible. 3 range, 5 error and 9 arm will be a liability in the outfield so he's probably only a pinch hitter or emergency DH I guess, but he brings great speed 9 and base stealing 10, so he has a few tools that are useful on top of being a captain alongside our backup catcher, David Katzenbogen.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”