38.13 Checking the Locks: Right Field

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

crobillard
Ex-GM

38.13 Checking the Locks: Right Field

Post by crobillard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:50 pm

This is a series where I will evaluate the options in each position leading into Spring Training. This is the eighth of twelve parts, including a prediction and end of Spring Training analysis. I will be taking a looking into the right field position in this post.

Sure fire locks: Mitch Dalrymple, John Garcia
Near lock: Mike Gilbert
Trying to get in the door: Luis Claudio

Injured late in the season, Dalrymple is recovering from a fractured ankle. He was having a good season prior to his injury .286/.324/.448 battling line. His 2037 season was far below his performance over his previous three seasons. Including last season the 25 year old has career numbers of .311/.352/.506. If Dalrymple can return to form and all things the same from all other batters in the lineup as last year, the Jackrabbits could have one of the best offenses in the Brewster this season. The newly acquired John Garcia from Madison could be a starter on many teams. He has a very powerful bat against right handed pitching and I expect him to spell Gilbert if Edmonton ever goes down an outfielder like we did last season. Garcia has 6/5/9/7/5 ratings against RHP and Gilbert has 7/8/8/5/5 ratings against LHP. The problem is that neither of them were all that good in their limited time played last season. They both also played against their pitching weakness at times as well though. Being able to split their time to just working against their strengths may help improve their statistics.

With the addition of Garcia, it may force Claudio back down to the minors. Claudio is solid with 6/7/6/4/8 ratings and doesn't have a weakness. He's also better defensively than both Gilbert and Garcia. That's not really saying much though. Gordon Burkett was discussed in the center field segment, but it would be foolish to believe that Garcia's acquisition doesn't effect him. Burkett's bat isn't great, but his defense is good and his value as a runner is high. Not including Steven Collins III, he's probably the best pure runner on the team. With the better bats in the outfield, an interesting question is what should I value more, base stealing with a pinch runner or defense with a better bat? It may be crossroads we will have to pass by the end of spring training.

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: 38.13 Checking the Locks: Right Field

Post by Ted » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Looks like everyone decided to steal your format this year. Insert statement about imitation and flattery.

Also your outfield is enviable.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

crobillard
Ex-GM

Re: 38.13 Checking the Locks: Right Field

Post by crobillard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Ted wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:56 pm
Looks like everyone decided to steal your format this year. Insert statement about imitation and flattery.

Also your outfield is enviable.
Hahaha, I've been so busy writing I haven't had the opportunity to read though everyone's TNs. That's super cool that people are using this format. That makes me super excited to read through them. I'm very excited.

I love my outfield.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”