38.1 Fernando Cruz and Francisco Ruiz Acquisition

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

crobillard
Ex-GM

38.1 Fernando Cruz and Francisco Ruiz Acquisition

Post by crobillard » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:19 am

This deal was huge for the Jackrabbits. As long as everyone stays healthy it takes us from a 96 win team to hopefully a 100+ win team that can contend offensively with the top teams in the league. On paper our offense looks really solid.

C - Eric Fabre
1B - Dusty Rhodes/Christophe Claudel
2B - Luis Soto
SS - George Bluth
3B - Stephen Collins III
LF - Luis Costello
CF - William Wood
RF - Mitch Dalrymple
DH - Fernando Cruz

I have no idea where I'll put them in the lineup, but this is where things stand now. I think I am pretty good for the offseason though. Putting Francisco Ruiz right after Bobby Lynch will be epic. I am stoked to have those two on the top of my rotation and I cannot wait to see what they're able to do to the opposition.

The challenge with this trade is that I will definitely be over budget. My stingy owner allowed me nine additional million in budget over last season, but I'm crushing that with the 15 million Cruz and Ruiz about to get 7.5 million in arbitration. Luckily I have a ton of bonus cash to help offset being in the negative, but next year is still likely a big problem for me.

I guess I should talk about what I gave up...

RP Pjotr Eland
SP Juan Rodriguez
RP Ivan Meerkerk
RP Larry Good
CF Po-sin Shi
$10 mil in bonus cash

This is just a bunch of prospects. None are outstanding, but I like all of them. Eland is 23 years old and has 8/6/5 ratings against RHB with 10/6 pitches. Rodriguez is probably the best prospect of the group. 6/7/6 pots with 7/8/9 pitches. Only 19 years old and is progressing well. He will turn out pretty solid. Meerkerk has 8/6/6 pots with 9/9 pitches, but he's a little behind in development at 22 years old. He could be a good reliever if he's able to grab the last several points he needs. Good has 9/6/6 pots with 9/9/1 pitches, but at 21 he has a ways to go before he'll be pitching with some success. If Meerkerk and Good develop than this is probably a pretty solid trade for Brooklyn. Shi is my style of player at his level. Good defensively, can play several positions and is a strong platoon type that hits RHP with 6/7/3/7/6 ratings. Best of all, he's a lefty, 21 and nearly completely developed. I'll certainly miss him.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”