GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

crobillard
Ex-GM

37-15 Quick Thinking: Sim #5

Post by crobillard » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:11 am

The winners and losers on the Jackrabbits from sim #5:

The Good

1B Christophe Claudel - 6 for 15/1 HR/2 RBI/4 BB - Coming off a rough week, this guy is back to absolutely crushing everything he sees. In the end, he's still my best defensive starting option at first, but I'd like to see more constancy out of him. He was dope in the five games he played this sim though.

LF Luis Costello - 7 for 21/1 2B/1 HR/5 RBI/2 BB/2 SB - I have not talked too much about him, but he's probably my best hitter. He's been clearing the bases more often than not in this first month and has been my main source of run production of a team that lacks it severely. We really need to find a way to get more people on a base for him while he is hitting so well.

1B/DH Dusty Rhodes - 6 for 21/1 HR/1 RBI/2 BB/1 K - I love Rhodes' production at the plate. Over his career he's been so incredibly reliable. He's had a rough start to the season, but if his last 11 years are any indicator, he will bounce back. This is the start of it.

SP/CL Hiroyuki Rin - 6.1 IP/1 H/0 ER/6 Ks - He's so versatile moving back into the rotation due to injuries and he allows 1 hit in six innings?!?! WOW. What is your backup starter doing? lul. I put a pitch count on him of 75 pitches and maybe that's a good spot for him if he's going to throw like this. Unfortunately we lost, giving it all up in the 9th inning of course. That doesn't diminish Rin's efforts though.

SP Maxime Manceau - W/8 IP/6 H/2 ER/4 K - Solid start into the late innings. With Bobby Lynch out for two weeks, we needed someone too step up and be that win that we can count on every five days. I would love it if it was Manceau, someone I was debating on moving to the bullpen in Spring Training.

RP Taisuke Suzuki - 4 IP/0 H/0 ER/0 BB/5 K - I usually wouldn't mention a reliever with only four IP, but there were so many zeros in the right spots that I wanted to mention in. He was moved to the bullpen after Spring Training and he's done so well.

All pitching - I highlighted a few above but we allowed the second least amount of runs across all teams this last sim with 20 runs allowed. One less game than some of the teams so that might be part of it, but I like celebrating things like this.

The Bad

The hitting - Just atrocious. 16 runs across six games. Second worst in the league. We need to get better. Our pitching is performing much better than it should and we should be capitalizing on that. We need to find a way for our offense to perform better and fast. If we don't we wont even keep .500 for very long. Putting the three mentioned above aside, the rest of the offense was 22 for 132 or a .167 batting average. Just so fucking bad. We need better production in order to win more games.

7teen
BBA GM

Re: 37-15 Quick Thinking: Sim #5

Post by 7teen » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:21 am

Wishing I had made more of a run at Rin now in free agency. I put a bid in the final sim but Edmonton snagged him instead. Looks like he’s doing pretty well so far and nice BB/K ratio.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

crobillard
Ex-GM

Re: 37-15 Quick Thinking: Sim #5

Post by crobillard » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:33 am

7teen wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:21 am
Wishing I had made more of a run at Rin now in free agency. I put a bid in the final sim but Edmonton snagged him instead. Looks like he’s doing pretty well so far and nice BB/K ratio.
My entire pitching staff is playing much, much better than they should, so I don't imagine Rin's success will last the entire season, but I will certainly take it right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”