37-9 Checking the Locks: Right Field

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

crobillard
Ex-GM

37-9 Checking the Locks: Right Field

Post by crobillard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:58 pm

This is a series where I will evaluate the options in each position leading into Spring Training. This is the eighth of twelve parts, including a prediction and end of Spring Training analysis. I will be taking a looking into right field in this post.

Sure fire locks: Mitch Dalrymple, Declan Crauen
Trying to get in the door: Santiago Gonzalez

Dalrymple is the best player on the Jackrabbits and is a legitimate 40/40 threat. He was the fourth overall pick in 2032. He is easily the team's cleanup hitter and had a nice 5.9 WAR last season with a .315/.347/.535 batting line and a +11.4 ZR in right field with only one error. The guy is absolutely ridiculous and I am very happy to have him in Edmonton. His ratings are significantly better vs. RHP and he will struggle against LHP. His defense will likely permit him to start anyways though.

The fifth overall pick in 2029, Crauen is two seasons away from a good season as last year he struggled. His .318/.423/.741 battling line last season is good enough not to put his position in jeopardy. When you look at his ratings vs. RHP you can see the reason why. A 8/8/8/6/7 rating against RHP will keep him on the roster for a long time.

Gonzalez is going to try and break through this spring. He's a contact hitter and looks to be able to get to first base pretty often. 8/6/2/4/9 ratings could make a solid contact hitter. I wish he was either better defensively or had more than a 4 rating in discipline, but he could be serviceable in a jam. I will try him out this spring and we'll see how it goes.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”