37-7 Checking the Locks: Left Field

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

crobillard
Ex-GM

37-7 Checking the Locks: Left Field

Post by crobillard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:18 pm

This is a series where I will evaluate the options in each position leading into Spring Training. This is the sixth of twelve parts, including a prediction and end of Spring Training analysis. I will be taking a looking into left field in this post.

Sure fire locks: Mike Gilbert
Near locks: Masaharu Suzuki

This is where the meat of the Jackrabbits' roster starts. Usually I would combine all of the outfield positions in one post in these series, but everyone in the outfield on this team really deserves their own recognition. Additionally, there are specific considerations for each of the outfield positions.

Gilbert was the number three overall pick in 2033. His ratings are good 6/7/8/5/5 and has a positive split vs. lefties. His problem is defense. A 6 rating in this outfield is not great. Last year was his rookie season and he spent the majority of it playing his platoon vs. LHP. In 104 at bats he only batted .260/.331/.452 which is just not good enough for a specialized lefty platoon. That's why Suzuki is playing for a job this spring. He's closer to a sure fire lock, but if he plays terrible than I may go for another option in the outfield. I have plenty of better defensive options in the outfield than both of these guys that also hit better. I just prefer this option.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”