37-1 Jackrabbits Habits

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

crobillard
Ex-GM

37-1 Jackrabbits Habits

Post by crobillard » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Losing has been habitual for the Jackrabbits for a long time. How long? They have been in the league since 2029 and for those eight seasons that have passed they have never achieved the incredible honor of a .500 season. They've haven't been close either. 70-92 is their absolute best season. The predictions have not been kind to them either. They have never been predicted to have better than 66 wins. It's not like this team has had some great misfortune. They've just been terrible and no one has really wanted to come in and change that.

I've been here before, but I inherited a much better team in the Halifax Hawks my last time around. The Halifax Hawks was ready to be a contend the moment I came to the team, but they didn't win much before me either. I brought them to the Landis twice and won once. I'll be asked to do it again with a worse team, worse fan interest, worse budget, etc. I could go on and on. The Jackrabbits have talent, but this is definitely a bigger challenge than the Hawks.

The predictions have been kind to the Jackrabbits for the first time in nine seasons. We're predicted to nearly flip our worst record posted to 90-72. That's certainly encouraging, but it's a long road ahead. Breaking habits is tough though. We will take a deep dive into the depth of this team in spring training and that will give us a glimpse into the upcoming season.

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”