Jack Rabbit Free Press Vol 1 No 5

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

The Reverend
Ex-GM

Jack Rabbit Free Press Vol 1 No 5

Post by The Reverend » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:45 pm

The Edmonton Jack-Rabbits made an interesting waiver claim this past week. Jesus Ramos comes over from the Montreal Blazers free of charge. They just need to pay his salary of $8.8 million for the remaining year and next. Then he runs into another Option year whether or not he takes it to stay in Edmonton is another question. “Ramos will suit our needs in the bullpen and a long relief role”, exclaimed General Manager Kaufmann. It has been his first real transaction move that impacts the team in a big way. Ramos struggled in Montreal this past year with a 5.67 era so far this year. He is better suited for long relief with 4 stamina than a starter. Right now, in Edmonton, it wouldn't really matter.

The team still is struggling to find wins. In there last six games they won a game thanks to there star players. Mitch Dalrymple hit two home runs while Bobby Lynch took matters into his own hands and threw a complete game. Edmonton is looking towards the offseason shortly. They will see if anything they have can help a playoff team. Lynch’s name has come up in trade discussion but nothing to serious by the sounds of things. Other players that may be of interest are few and fair between. Dusty Rhodes has been rumoured to be on the block for awhile but it would take a special team for him to garner any interest. At a typical power position he is indifferent hitting .330 in his career he brings plenty of contact but not enough power for a 1B. Jesus Ramos may be of interest to a team looking for someone on the back end of a bullpen. Faring he changes role willingly and with good performance! Until next time, we will chat soon!

Big_Al
Ex-GM

Re: Jack Rabbit Free Press Vol 1 No 5

Post by Big_Al » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:16 am

Ramos is a good pickup. You've got a payroll that can absorb the contract and he should be a great addition to the bullpen. Looks like his struggles this year have been as a starter. If you're not contending in 2037, maybe he turns into trade bait.
Al Sganga
GM Boise Spuds (2036 to Present)

Taters gonna tate.

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:31 pm

great pickup. I would have claimed as well if I had the cap space.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:15 pm

I was willing to overpay on a trade when Ramos was on waivers. Never had the pm answered. Would probably still do it. Wink wink nudge nudge.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Post by GoldenOne » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:26 pm

I thought I was all set in getting him but alas....the BBA does not follow MLB rules for waiver claims. When you get tired of him, let me know.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Yep. Nice pick up.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant