Down the Rabbit Hole (34.03): Every Fabre In My Being

GM: Chuck Valenches

Moderator: Chuck V

bpbrooksy
Ex-GM

Down the Rabbit Hole (34.03): Every Fabre In My Being

Post by bpbrooksy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:39 pm

The Edmonton Jackrabbits swung a midseason deal with the Yellow Springs Nine today, sending away two young center fielder prospects, and receiving a four-player haul in return.

The Rabbits parted ways with Mauro Saucedo (7/7/6/5/10 Talents), a 19-year-old "outfielder" on the Single-A team. Saucedo was a third-round pick three years ago, and has enjoyed offensive success at all levels, but has yet to place on the top prospect list and has had his fielding called into question (only three games ever in center field despite his positional designation, and a career -39.8 ZR at shortstop, where he's played most his games.)

The other prospect is Juan Lopez, an international scouting discovery signed out of the Dominican Republic, who hasn't cracked his way out of the international complex but will likely do so soon with the Yellow Springs organization. Lopez was named the #99 prospect in the BBA prior to this season, and possesses plus power, speed, and discipline, but will need to prove himself as a quality defensive outfielder in some real baseball games.

~~~

My M.O. with this team has, thus far, involved staying patient, trading infrequently, and stockpiling the farm as thoroughly as I can to set this team up for a long window of contention. In this case, I saw an opportunity to take a pair of prospects and trade up a little bit. My primary target in this return is Triple-A catcher Eric Fabre (6/7/8/6/5 Talents), a first-rounder in the same draft that saw the Rabbits select Saucedo. Fabre was ranked the #88 prospect in the BBA prior to this season and won a AAA Player of the Week Award this month. Fabre hasn't dipped below a 118 wRC+ since his age-17 high school season, and is hitting .325/.368/.550 in 41 games this season. The 21-year-old Fabre profiles as Edmonton's catcher of the future, where he will be flanked by Juan de los Santos, who was previously our best option for taking over that position.

Also joining the team at the major-league level is first baseman Jose Gonzalez, who will enter into a DH platoon with righty Les Fawcett (6/6/7/7/7 Talents). Gonzalez has 10 jacks this year, but a low walk rate has subtracted some of his value. Gonzalez hit .300 with 29 homers in just 110 games last year, and looks to start trending back upwards over the summer months.

Also joining the organization are Double-A acquisitions Michail Nagibin (8/7/6 Talents) and Tom Jenkins (5/6/4/5/6 Talents). Nagibin will likely wind up a relief conversion with decent velocity and a five-pitch mix. Jenkins has strong potential as one of the more sure-handed second sackers in the organization, and might be taking over an Armando Reyes-type role on the roster next season -- that is, if his already light bat can kick it back into gear to the league-average mark he had last season.
BRANDON BROOKS

Edmonton Jackrabbits: 2032 -

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Down the Rabbit Hole (34.03): Every Fabre In My Being

Post by RonCo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 pm

I've enjoyed watching Nagibin. Hoping for good things with him.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Down the Rabbit Hole (34.03): Every Fabre In My Being

Post by recte44 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Saucedo could be perfect for 2B.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”