Steel Claw (Hoppy Endings, Preseason Sim) [PP:2055.05]

GM: Mike Neugebauer

Moderator: neugey

neugey
BBA GM

Steel Claw (Hoppy Endings, Preseason Sim) [PP:2055.05]

Post by neugey » Thu May 25, 2023 3:41 pm

(BBA Story)
With pitchers and catchers now reporting, the Jackrabbits management is pretty sold on young starter/reliever Roman Rodriguez, who should make the major league team in 2055 as a contributor out of the bullpen. It is also possible if other pitchers struggle, he could make the rotation as the year wears on with his excellent fastball and knuckle curve.

But young Puerto Rican is known in the clubhouse for more than just his pitching. He’s somewhat gruff and says little and doesn’t always have the best attitude. His grim disposition, along with an extremely fierce hand grip, has earned him the nickname “Steel Claw”.

“I’ve been around this game a long time and met a lot of people,” explained 42-year-old reliever Hao Kun. “But I’ve never shook someone’s hand and experienced that kind of pain before. When he grasped my hand I thought my pitching career could be over. And at the end of last season, we had some fun with arm-wrestling in the dugout. Steel Claw is now forbidden from stuff like that. Guys were sore for days after trying to wrestle him.”

“I was born with my strong grip,” bragged Rodriguez. “Genetics. You should see how the baseball feels.”

(Mike’s Story)
This nickname is a tribute to our recently departed musical legends Tina Turner and Jeff Beck. They performed together on “Steel Claw”, my favorite song on Tina’s Private Dancer album. RIP.

2051 London Monarchs (GBC)
2051-present Edmonton Jackrabbits (BBA)

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Steel Claw (Hoppy Endings, Preseason Sim) [PP:2055.05]

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu May 25, 2023 6:14 pm

Tina Turner was such a powerful singer but Jeff Beck is one of my guitar heroes.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Edmonton Jackrabbits”