BBQ in Indy; 2028, V11

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

BBQ in Indy; 2028, V11

Post by Bumstead » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 pm

I guess the Commissioner wants me to write about baseball...so...anyway, I was sitting at home managing my Reds dynasty in OOTP17 while watching the Ryder Cup on Saturday. My wife says, "I'm not cooking tonight." Well, I said, "That's bullshit!" (maybe the exclamation point is not warranted because while I did say that, I said it rather meekly...) She said, "You can cook then." and left the room. Being the sensitive soul I am, I yelled from my chair about going out to eat. She said "What?" I yelled it louder and she said something about how she was sitting on the toilet or some shit...anyway, one thing led to another (well, not really...) and we decided to go out to eat.

So, I found another solid BBQ joint on the south side of Indy. You may not make it to that side of town, but if you do, it's worth checking out.

It's called Johnson's BBQ Shack. It is actually in Bargersville which is just west of Greenwood (so think of the SW corner of 465 and south of there 15 miles-ish). I didn't get to try the ribs because they had sold out upon my arrival, but the brisket and pulled pork were really good. Also, their sides were tasty. I had the Mac n cheese and the corn casserole (definitely get the corn casserole).

Another nice perk of going to this restaurant is that walking distance away is Taxman Brewery. Now, I'm not a big Belgium beer fan (unless it's a quad...that 4th turn makes it really nice...however, three turns just doesn't cut it...anyway JMO), but they do have several good beers from other brewery's (many local) on tap that are very good. It has more of a bar atmosphere than a brewery as it has 2 floors and it's like the only bar in that particular small town. But, eat good BBQ, then grab a couple of tasty beers. What could be better? I guess baseball could have been on, but the Reds were playing the cubs and honestly as a Reds fan, I'm just hoping we lose (before you ask, I want a higher draft pick if we aren't making the damn playoffs...); who wants to watch a game and cheer for a loss?

Anyway, we got home and I finished up the Divisional Playoff Series with my Reds Dynasty and lost 4 games to 3 to the Mets...2020 is the year...and the Mets ended up beating the Astros 4 games to 3 to win the World Series...disturbing really. But, the barbecue was good and I got 99/100 as my Manager score for the season! Bam!

Return to “EBA League News/Features”