2028.01 - "Paris ain't much of a town."

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
bcslouck
BBA GM

2028.01 - "Paris ain't much of a town."

Post by bcslouck » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:47 am

Nobody is sure why Matthaus Hoffmann Jr. decided to make a General Manager (GM) change just after the seasons midpoint. With the Paris Patriots in 1st place, and probably the best team in the EBA, assistant GM Rick Boulton seemed to be doing just fine. The roster was a good mix of EBA and MBBA veterans and hungry youngsters looking to get an EBA title before possibly being drafted by a MBBA team. Maybe it is thought Rick Boulton wasn't aggressive enough to get that final piece or two for the playoff push. Maybe they wanted get someone new in there now to evaluate the team. Mr. Boulton has had a solid run as Assistant GM and with MBBA experience, and in the last year of his deal, may find himself back stateside with a MBBA team. Or maybe, the higher ups just don't think he can get the job done, short term or long term, even with some of his previous experience he has had in both MBWBA leagues.

Enter Brandon Slouck, the new GM who does have some experience in rival leagues. When you talk to him, you can tell his goal was to make it to the MBWBA, one way or another. "I can remember watching MBBA games as a kid and wanting to be apart of it," the new GM said with a smile. "This is the big leagues. And I was hooked!"

"When they added the EBA, I was excited. More baseball. And spreading to Europe was a big deal at the time. EBA games were tougher to get on TV, but I followed as close as I could. Thank you internet."

While the ultimate goal is to run a MBBA team, he is happy to have his foot in the door. "I'm excited to get started. But Paris and the rest of the teams in the EBA know what we are. This is another way to get talent into the MBBA and give some of these guys in Europe some big league competition before making the jump. While I hope to keep Paris competitive as long as I am here, and I am very happy to finally get this shot, this is a stepping stone. I want to be a MBBA GM."

Mr. Slouck has stated he will be focusing on evaluating the team for the rest of 2028 to see what he has for the future. As most of you readers know, the Rule VI draft, or the EBA Player Right Draft, can drain an EBA team of talent. And with a team like Paris, this may be an issue that has to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Suitcase in hand and laptop back flung over his should, no doubt he'll be combing over scouting reports and watching some film of new his team on the long flight across the pond. Looking for present and future weaknesses. Hoping to fill those holes to help push Paris to a title. And with thoughts of impressing the MBBA brass to make the jump when an opening comes along.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2028.01 - "Paris ain't much of a town."

Post by recte44 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Excellent debut!

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

bschr682