My Name is Dug, buddy; 2028 V9

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

My Name is Dug, buddy; 2028 V9

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:47 pm

So Dug Riddler has decided to sit down with the local radio station for an interview. Buzz Kill is the local disc jockey, which seems weird because the radio station is in Spain, but I don't want to be anti-PC, so I'm not aboot...er...about, to ask any questions....well, not yet anyway.

Buzz Kill: Hey buddy! How's it hanging?
Dug Riddler: My name is Dug, buddy. And it hangs just like it always has.
BK: Really, I was just asking how you were doing, Dug...
DR: Sorry, your accent threw me off a bit. I am doing fine. Trying to adjust to the new culture has been a little more difficult than I expected.
BK: You know I'm not from Spain and I have no spanish accent right?
DR: What?
BK: You seem confused buddy.
DR: My name is Dug.
BK: Well, we are clear on that. You don't like the term "buddy" when it refers to you eh?
DR: No. It's generally used to be condescending. As in, "sorry your story about drunk Native Americans didn't get a "+," buddy.
BK: What?
DR: You know, the story wasn't even about drunk Native Americans. Unfortunately, my first Daddy I remember was a drunk Native American.
DR: Buddy...whatever...at least one could understand what the whole written article was about don't you think?
BK: Well...I guess...I'm not sure what we are talking about to be honest.
DR: My name is Dug, not buddy, pal, or any other condescending term y'all want to refer to me as.
BK: Look man, I'm happy to call you Hercules, even though you look more like that Napoleon Dynamite character, if you want me to. You remember that guy? "Give me your tots." Hilarious.
DR: What?
BK: You didn't watch Napoleon Dynamite man? I have watched that movie like 20 times man.
DR: My name is Dug and I have no idea what you are talking about.
BK: Alright Dug; I know my name is Buzz Kill, but you are kinda fitting the bill right now.
DR: Whatever you say buddy. What kind of interview is this anyway.
BK: My name is Buzz Kill Dug and I have no friggin' idea what this interview was supposed to be about or why we would even have you on here.
DR: I'm Dug Riddler, that's why you would have me on here...gosh...

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: My Name is Dug, buddy; 2028 V9

Post by bschr682 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:11 pm

(-) No bears...
GM Vancouver Mounties

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:13 pm

bschr682 wrote:(-) No bears...
:crazylaugh: I couldn't find any in Spain...just a bunch of bull(s)...

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:18 pm

The Brown Bear in Spain. What's he eating? It couldn't be, could it?

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:18 pm

It was meant to be condescending. You were the first person in the league to publically prostrate yourself for a (+) in the TN comments and then you got yourself riled up enough to unleash your saltiness over not getting one by shitting on the idea as a whole out of hand. You deserved condescension.

Moving past that to greener pastures... this was funny stuff, man*. I'm glad that you have brought your unique approach to writing to the league and am looking forward to more. And, yes, I did understand what the other article was about - obviously I generalized it negatively yesterday because of the circumstances you brought to the thread. Honestly, I thought it was a funny article, too. There were 4 articles all written in similar ways all around the same time, yours, HI, Stu's and Bisbo's. I liked Stu's the best by far - it fit his "character" that he has created in the league very well, was really long, told a full story beginning to end (without heavily relying on random elements) and was very enjoyable. Bisbo's was enjoyable as well, but made doubly so in the context of a response to Stu's (and really, perfectly personified what participation, imho, is all about. we can all write about made up stuff as much as we want, but how often do we get an organic 'back and forth' like that between two authors?). That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the other two in their own way, but if I marked every TN then it would lose meaning (and I'd probably get flamed by some of my more common dissenters) so I'm trying to be extra conservative.

*There is truly no condescension in that one, guy. :)
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:28 pm

I really didn't intend to "shit on the whole idea." I knew I should delete it after I wrote it, but I didn't...so, there it is...but that wasn't my intent. Still, I pulled together a lot of separate stories in that one; which, maybe only you would be able to pull together without getting a weird look on your face...doesn't matter. I'm not mad aboot it anyway.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:47 pm

Shrug

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”