My Name is Dug; 2028, V8

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

My Name is Dug; 2028, V8

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:07 pm

What did you say your name was? My Name is Dug

Setting: Press Conference at the Baseball Operations Office for the Madrid Matadors. Dug Riddler walks to the microphone with Jeff Palin at his side. Billy Hillfinder and Mary Jane Pleasant are nowhere to be found.

Dug Riddler: It has been brought to my attention that Belfast's General Manager...
Jeff Palin: (whispers in his ear; all of JP's comments are whispers into DR's ear in this little novella) Don't accuse anyone directly. You want to get us jacked out of this league so soon?
DR: Er...um...yeah, well, anyway...it has been brought to my attention that there are rumors out there that I may or may not have done something inappropriate with a bull or multiple bulls, but probably not in the same day....
JP: What the hell are you saying? Don't say that.
DR: er...so, there are rumors out there that I may or may not have had inappropriate relations with one or more bulls, but nothing about how many in a day or anything...
JP: You're a blooming idiot. This is why I was always the GM...
Dr: Yeah, well, there are also rumors that insinuate that Dug Riddler is not my real name.
Press: So, are the rumors true, I mean, regarding the action you are getting with the bulls?
DR: No hablo ingles
JP: Oh my god...I'm about to light you up like a Christmas tree Dug...you can't say that. They speak spanish here. You can only say shit like that back in the US, where they don't understand what you're saying....I mean seriously Dug...
DR: So anyway, I did not have sexual relations with that bull...
JP: Don't use the Monica Lewinsky defense. They will think you have been orally pleasing these bulls...(dead stare from Dug)...oh my...nevermind...maybe it's all you got...
DR: In any event, I firmly deny that I ever...er...that those rumors could possibly be substantiated.
JP: :blink: :doh:
Press: So, to clarify, you are saying, yes, you snap one off with a bull now and then, maybe multiple bulls in a day, but you are sure we can't prove it?
DR: See, there I think you may be twisting my words around a bit, especially regarding the multiple bulls in a day thing...<shakes his head and grimaces at the thought>
JP: :eek:
Press: <bursts into laughter and can't get follow up question out>
JP: You are killing us Dug
DR: I want to clear up this name thing

I got a name

Press: It's an obvious fake name Dug. Why didn't you just go with Phil McCracken?
DR: Because that's not what my Mom, Pat Abull, called me. I'm going to talk to her about it too. Unfortunately, I am having trouble locating her.
Press: This is your birth mother?
DR: No I was adopted when I was 12. Before that I lived on an Indian Reservation with Chief Slowly Becoming Drunker. Child protection felt that wasn't his real name, but just his daily routine for some reason.
Press: <chuckling> What did Chief Slowly Becoming Drunker call you?
DR: Well...it got confusing...I thought my name was Little Shit, then it became Get Me Another Beer. Then...
JP: My God Dug, what are you doing here? You are besmirching a whole new culture. We've never insulted the American Indians before. "Thank you. Come again." Sorry, couldn't help it...
DR: Anyway, my name changed a lot depending on the Chief's mood and the lateness in the day.
Press: What did he call you when he first woke up?
DR: Uh...well...I don't know if I should...he called me Get Off Me...OK? So, my childhood wasn't that great...
Press: Did you have two parents once you were adopted?
DR: Yes, my Dad and Mom. My Dad said he was my real Dad. Maybe I should look for him.
Press: What was his name?
DR: Richard Smoker. <Dug grins> Everyone called him Big Dick.

<Ruckus ensues. Jeff Palin punches Dug upside the head and tackles him. The press is ushered away.>

All that is heard is one sentence yelled by Jeff Palin: I BETTER NOT FIND OUT MARY JANE PLEASANT IS YOUR MOM YOU LITTLE SHIT!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: My Name is Dug; 2028, V8

Post by RonCo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Literature. Given the topic of bulls, I'm figuring your papa was a Hemingway.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:49 pm

It mostly just is for my own entertainment. I get a kick out of these boneheads. :D

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:48 pm

You are not allowed to bogart the entertainment.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 pm

*facepalm*

I did laugh a few times, though.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Clearly not intended to be high-brow in nature...man, I rolled a lot into that...No plus? :orly: I guess I should have spent more time whining about the indignity of losing Attoehow...oops... :shrug: :banghead: :bag:

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:05 am

Couldn't get past the molestation and xenophobia. :(

This seems up Stu's alley, though - try to get him to nominate it for you.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:46 am

agrudez wrote:Couldn't get past the molestation and xenophobia. :(

This seems up Stu's alley, though - try to get him to nominate it for you.
I'll tell Dug that you like to use big words that he will never understand as an excuse...anyway, Dug never came out and said he was being molested or doing any molesting; the bulls have been silent on the matter and nobody has been able to confirm the existence of Chief Slowly Becoming Drunker; rumor has it that may not be his real name....FYI. And I don't understand why Dug, and probably Mr. Palin, hates xylophones either...

And the Stu I know is probably not the Stu you are referring to...The Stu I know is a judge and may or may not laugh at such stupidity....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”