The Prediction! 2028, V7

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

The Prediction! 2028, V7

Post by Bumstead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:14 pm

So this is obviously what you have all been waiting for. Obviously London is really good and Belfast is throwing money at anybody and everybody with a pulse at this point. Paris was good last season. Where do they stand this season?

Some things are better:

1. Hitting - better, not really where I would like to see it, but better.
2. General Manager - I'm going to be active and I'm going to make changes to make the team better not just to keep the team going. I think this is really the biggest addition and I know y'all agree...I know this sounds egotistical, but it's really not. Any EBA team that adds a GM that makes changes to improve the team instead of just making changes to keep it going is going to be an improvement.
3. Marcel Mirwald being used in the best interests of helping the team win. He's a leader out there and he's happy to get on the field and help the team win as much as possible.

I think the pitching will actually be neutral to last season, partly due to the change mentioned above.

Things that are worse? I don't know, probably the more active general managers suddenly being in my division. Belfast is throwing money around with no consideration to future financial well being, London was already good and has a new GM and apparently there is now an active GM in Paris. It's the way you would want it to be really. You want the competition at it's finest. Madrid has its flaws, its eyesores, etc, but it also is a very dangerous team.

Prediction: 89-73

So, no, I didn't predict 90 wins, but when we get them, we will have beat even my prediction. The hope really is to get into the playoffs and let the randomizer decide.

I hope you enjoyed the breakdown as much as I enjoyed the final results to the Bengals vs Jets game. You don't have to always look pretty to get the win. Lesson learned today. Now to watch the Colts!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Prediction! 2028, V7

Post by RonCo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:42 am

We moved from South if Indy a year ago, so last fall was the first time in a while that we didn't get the colts ok TV every week.

Oh... And good write up.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Re: The Prediction! 2028, V7

Post by Bumstead » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:59 am

Thanks. I moved from Valparaiso to Danville (Indiana) 2.5 years ago. We had to watch the Colts on the South Bend channels up in Valpo. Luck-ily (?), we see them weekly now. I'm just waiting for that game when Pagano has them ready to play at the start of the game... :deadhorse:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”