The Hitters; 2028 V6

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

The Hitters; 2028 V6

Post by Bumstead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:44 pm

So, I think this was really the weak spot for the team last season. Has it improved? Yes. Enough? That's the question isn't it?

I'll do it by position. There's only 1 beer in my refrigerator and Andy Dalton just got sacked for the 6th time and the 3rd quarter just started...THROW THE BALL! Uh...sorry...1 beer isn't enough to make it through this...Hitters by position people. Try and keep up...

Catcher: Chucky Faes & Naonobu Kamida - these guys are switching almost daily. 2 good defensive catchers that don't hit very well. We will see if either of these guys outplays the other. Obvious position of need.

1B: Cal Smith - This is probably the biggest addition to the team to this point this season (of course it had to be with what was lost). Smith is just 23 and may be one of the top power hitters in the EBA for a long time. He will crush right handed pitching all year. He's virtually unusable vs left handed pitching even in the EBA.

2B: Jeffrey Verkade who apparently only has "one dog." 6/7/4/9/5. He's out of options...sigh...probably the best overall player on the team. Keep your eyes on your own paper!

3B: Keith Young - He's loaded for bear when it comes to power but he will swing at anything and he's no Vlad Guerrero when it comes to contact. Perfect for the EBA I guess...

SS: Mark Webber - No worries here. Solid defender and OK with the bat.

RF: Leonhart Kleinendorst - My rule 5 pick off my own team...he's alright, but not really what you would want in a corner OF slot.

CF: Martin Chavez - I apologize, but I love this guy. He has no split, which means he can't hit against right or left handed pitching. But, he is the EBA gold glove centerfielder this season. He can go get it boys!

LF: Cristo Oliveira - He's fine and he plays great defense out there. Still need more hitting out of these positions.

So...Oh...DH: Marcus Hollis - my own freakin' Dallas McPherson...He's terrible really but he can slug with the best of them. He did it in the MBBA for a few years and I guess that makes him a little more effective in EBA...just not really my kind of player. The guys love him though and let's be honest, there's a lot of him to love (or so I've heard...).

I will say that there is plenty of power and defense on this team, just not enough contact for my taste and that could cost us before the season is over.

udlb58
Ex-GM

Re: The Hitters; 2028 V6

Post by udlb58 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Leonhart is still playing? I thought he was done back in 25

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”