Madrid; 2028 V4

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

Madrid; 2028 V4

Post by Bumstead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:38 pm

So, I haven't been here long, but I'm happy to be here. No, I didn't join to stay in EBA, but I may be in EBA for a bit. I also didn't join to drop out.

So, anyway, Madrid is "predicted" to go 72-90...really? I mean, didn't they win 83 while being managed randomly by some GM that was just making sure he made whatever changes had to be made. Well, every change that had to be made, except the one where you send The Best Pitcher in EBA to the minors for the last week or so....you know, so he doesn't have exactly 4 years of MLB service and can be vultured by a (your?) MBBA team in the rule 45 draft....So, the 83 wins under whatever type of "management" I question when the easiest move of the season is completely whiffed on. Alright, alright, water under the bridge, I know...I read the rules before taking over the team and I knew immediately that I was going to lose the player...doesn't change the brutal nature of the error, but still...

So, oh yeah, the 72-90 prediction...I think if one took a bit of time and looked at Madrid for a few minutes they would see the following:

1. They were managed horribly last season and won probably 10 less games than they should have.
2. They have subtly added players that were either used questionably, signed as free agents or brought up from the minors.
3. It's the EBA; being active should be worth quite a few wins.

So in the next few volumes I will preview my own team. Yes, I said I would do Paris, but who else in EBA previewed a team? Is anyone managing Paris, I don't even know. If I had it to do again, I would have previewed the Muncheon Brauers for a few reasons:

1. I love the logo!
2. The GM makes me laugh.
3. I could do some research and figure out what a Brauer is...I know some of you already know.

So, while we all sit here and wonder if the Bengals really are going to lose to the Jets when they clearly have way more talent on their side and how the Bears could be winning with their horrible team, sit back and take in the wondrous clearing up of just how "great" a team Madrid really is.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Madrid; 2028 V4

Post by recte44 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:39 pm

I actually invented the Munchen Brauers a while back originally in the GUBA. They were supposed to be the German version of the old minor league Milwaukee Brewers.

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Re: Madrid; 2028 V4

Post by Bumstead » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:45 pm

The player in the logo looks as though he may have spent one too many years playing for the Brewers... :pickles:

ugh...I think something glitched in that last sim...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”