Belfast GM...2028, V3

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

Belfast GM...2028, V3

Post by Bumstead » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:20 pm

So...the Belfast GM, wtf is his name again? Dee Dee or some shit...so, he's the front-runner to get out of the EBA lockup...Nice to know. Dee Dee with his little podcasts and league features...then, as if that wasn't enough, he writes 52 articles on how he lost Madrid's starting pitcher Bailey Attoehow...He basically offers the guy 1/3 of what he is worth and then whines around about how he lost him to Tucson...all in some apparent puffing exercise to draw attention to himself. Meanwhile, he signs a bunch of EBA "heroes" to long term contracts like he's going to stick around and try and figure out the finances in 3 years for Belfast.

Meanwhile, I join the league and a couple of owners acknowledge that I exist with good tidings and all. It's almost like my "reputation" proceeded me...Then we get this Kevin Norris character and the whole world stops spinning so that we can all welcome the poor sap. Who is this guy? Did he use to pitch for the A's? I mean is this Mike Norris's, brother? And if it was, we are talking about a guy that somehow (cough...steroids...cough) won 22 games in one season and 36 in the other 9 seasons combined. Maybe he changed his name to try and hide his identity?

I'm just glad I didn't bring my feelings with me here...well, yeah....and this Dee guy...I withdraw my app in GUBA so he can be #1 on the list over there and here he is being celebrated as #1 over here...Seriously, where does his commitment lie anyway?

Plus, I get the jacked up pre-season predictions and Madrid is picked to go 77-85...right...I would be surprised if we win less than 90. London 95 wins and Dee Dee with 85...I got both of these jokers in my division...Is there anyone even in the other division? The Gauntlet is up and Madrid has it's sword drawn. I'm not about to lose to a bunch of Irish drunks and hoyty toities from London.

Just think how I would feel if I brought my feelings to the league. Did I mention that before, it seems familiar somehow. And, no, I am not putting together a freakin' podcast.

Carry on.

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: Belfast GM...2027, V3

Post by Lane » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Go get 'em Bumstead.
bumstead wrote: try and figure out the finances in 3 years for Belfast.
Adam Dee putting a team in that situation? Unfathomable!
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Belfast GM...2027, V3

Post by recte44 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:44 pm

#neverguba

Just kidding, I love those guys.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

agrudez
Ex-GM

Re: Belfast GM...2028, V3

Post by agrudez » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Hah, good stuff. The gauntlet has been dropped! Down with Dee Dee!
Bumstead wrote:It's almost like my "reputation" proceeded me...
How could that be? I've never heard of a Dug Riddler before. :P

Doesn't even seem like a real name. It seems like you were asked your name and did a Homer Simpson where you looked around a room really quickly and happened to see a shovel and a movie poster of Jim Carey in a batman movie.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:07 pm

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:23 am