28.03 Working the Phones

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Chey
Ex-GM

28.03 Working the Phones

Post by Chey » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:25 pm

The Northstars head office is abuzz with activity this fall, as the newly named President and GM looks to replace the nearly fifteen Wins Against Replacement that walked away from his already-last-place organization just before he took the reins.

"Are we in a tight spot right now? Sure we are." Dee told reporters outside of his office this morning. "We lost half the team! But I'll tell you, baseball management is about being aggressive. Don't let the problems scare you. There's a whole world of players out there looking for a team, and I just need to find the right group of twenty-five. I'm telling you right now: there are twenty-five players capable of winning an EBA championship that are just waiting for the opportunity."

Did Dee just promise the Belfast fans a championship, hot on the heels of a disastrous 2027 season?

"Uh... there's too much that goes into a championship to guarantee something like that. There's a lot of luck, the best team doesn't always win, you have injuries and everything. I will say this though: I can guarantee that the product on the field is going to be something we can be proud of."

According to my sources, Dee has offered nearly sixty million dollars worth of long-term contracts so far this off-season, and he shows no signs of slowing down. While the new hire enjoys the full-throated support of Northstars ownership, one has to wonder whether a lacklustre 2028 season -- after all of his talking (and spending!) -- could signal an early end to his time in Belfast.
Adam Dyck
Cairo Chariot Archers Baseball Club, General Manager 2043-Present

Edmonton Jackrabbits, General Manager 2029
Belfast North Stars, General Manager 2028
Havana Sugar Kings, General Manager 2022-2027

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 28.03 Working the Phones

Post by recte44 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Wow, does Belfast even have that much money?

Chey
Ex-GM

Re: 28.03 Working the Phones

Post by Chey » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Not $60MM in one year - we definitely don't have that kind of money. But spread over the next five or six years, we do.
Adam Dyck
Cairo Chariot Archers Baseball Club, General Manager 2043-Present

Edmonton Jackrabbits, General Manager 2029
Belfast North Stars, General Manager 2028
Havana Sugar Kings, General Manager 2022-2027

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”