Bailey Attoehow; 2028, V2

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Bumstead
Ex-GM

Bailey Attoehow; 2028, V2

Post by Bumstead » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:47 am

I've been looking over my team and was happy to find that I had a pretty decent pitcher with a questionable 3rd pitch, but good enough to tear up the International League. Bailey Attoehow has been a workhorse for the Matadors most of the last four seasons. He's 27 years old with ratings of 8/7/8 and stamina of 16. He's got 3 pitches, with his slider (10) and cutter (8) being plus pitches, but his change-up (2) is barely usable at this point. In 2027 he had a fine season with a record of 17-6 with a 1.00 WHIP in 240.2 innings. He put together a 5 WAR season, but did give up 34 homers while doing it. He seems to dominate righties, but lefties hammered him for 24 of those homers in 2027. With a 48% ground ball rate, he's a fly ball pitcher that needs a park with some space and some outfielders that can catch. Overall, he's probably a reasonable candidate for the next level as a middle reliever type or maybe even as a spot starter here and there.

I was then reading the forum and saw that Attoehow was projected to be the first pick in the upcoming "Rule IV" draft. Sigh...he has exactly 4 seasons of service time. It seems like when he had that crappy outing on September 4th, he should have been sent down to work on tightening up his pitches and work on that damn change up. Of course, that would have removed him from being eligible (I believe if I read the rules right) from this upcoming draft; of course, no one would intentionally do that, but maybe then Mr Attoehow would be more prepared/motivated for next season.

But, alas, we will bid farewell to Bailey and move on to next season sans a solid starter for us. That doesn't leave the kitchen table bare however. It appears that we still have several players that are solid and we have some young talent just itching to hit the big time....errr...international league big time anyway...we will take a look at some of these fellers going forward. Right now, I need to dig into the finances and see what I can do.

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: Bailey Attoehow; 2028, V2

Post by ae37jr » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:05 pm

The bright side of the Rule 6 draft is that you are allowed to select one rule 5 eligible player from the MBBA team that selects Attoehow. In a lot of cases the player you get could be better then the one you lose. Unfortunately that may not be the case here. Attoehow has outstanding ratings by EBA standards.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Post by Bumstead » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:09 pm

We will see. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:45 pm

No one would ever play service time games like that.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”