"La Querencia" Vol. 1, No. 2: Wednesday - July 21, 2027

News/features on the European Baseball Alliance.
Orator
Ex-GM

"La Querencia" Vol. 1, No. 2: Wednesday - July 21, 2027

Post by Orator » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:38 pm

Welcome back Matador fans, to another edition of "La Querencia"! It's been a month since our inaugural issue and the big announcement of our new GM/Manager (Chris O'Rourke) taking over the helm. We feel it is time for an update and we are sure you agree!

O'Rourke continues to sit down with both staff and players since his arrival, as he works tirelessly to get an understanding of what he is working with and who will be part of his vision for this club. Since his arrival, we have seen several extensions handed out, including fan favorties Marcel Mirwald and Bret Carter.

Additionally, O'Rourke added to his staff by bringing on Carmen Williamson in the role of Asst. GM and made a decision that saw Pitching Coaches Robert LaLoosh and Dwight Curry switch roles within the organization. LaLoosh who has a preference to work with younger pitchers and Curry, who prefers the give and take with the veteran players, were both very pleased with the outcome. LaLoosh stated "Mr. O'Rourke called us both in, after our initial individual meetings with him and proposed the switch. I am not sure who was more excited, Dwight or I, but it feels good to be heard by executive leadership for a change.". Curry added "I heard a lot of things about O'Rourke's personality before he arrived. This goes to show, rumors hold no weight in this league. The man is direct, that is for sure, but my dealings with him have been the best I have ever experienced with executive leadership over the course of my career. He is tough, no question about that...but to say he isn't fair, that has not been my experience. I for one am happy he is here. LaLoosh and I have wanted to make this switch for a while and the request fell on deaf ears. I am looking forward to the future. Now we both just need to do our jobs with these pitchers".

As for the product on the field, it has been a mixed bag. O'Rourke's first two weeks in the door saw the team go 4-12 during the upheaval. We assume he has settled in, as the Matadors went a dominating 7-2 over the last 9 games. Including, winning the last 5 straight. I am sure we all hope this trend continues.

Until next time, Matador fans!

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: "La Querencia" Vol. 1, No. 2: Wednesday - July 21, 2027

Post by bschr682 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:22 pm

I do agree. More updates!

Its always nice to see some of the MBBA castoffs find a home in the EBA. Bret Carter? Wow
GM Vancouver Mounties

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: "La Querencia" Vol. 1, No. 2: Wednesday - July 21, 2027

Post by RonCo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Yes, yes, more updates!
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “EBA League News/Features”