2056 Yellow Springs Nine Preview

Team, Division, League, Playoff, and all other comprehensive previews go here.
Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:07 pm

Pitching

How much gas does Dave Lee have left in the tank? He’s about to turn 35 years old, but still managed a 4.08 ERA last season. He may not be as dominant as he once was, but he’s still a solid pitcher and will be a mainstay in the rotation. Bodt Picto was signed to give the team a little more oomph in the rotation, but hitters like to give a little oomph off his fastball. An extreme flyball pitcher with 5 movement will be scary in the #heartland. Manuel Garcia may be one of the best under-the-radar signing this winter. They have control over him for the next three years and Garcia has shown he can pitch with the best of them after 5 successful years in Nashville. Gertrudes and Bugbie fill out the rest of the rotation, which is greatly improved from last year’s edition. Gerald Rogers will be the first in line for saves, but he won’t have a ton of help in the bullpen with Byron Radcliffe[url] out for seven weeks. [url=https://stat ... se Newsome is a ‘here it is – hit it’ type of pitcher. To be effective, he has to repeat his success of keeping the ball in the field Last year he had 1.3 HR/9, but averaged 2.2 HR/9 the previous two seasons.

Infield

Gone is J-Rod, and Hak-joon Yi is essentially gone, too. After becoming half the player he was, Yi was signed to a one year deal to prove he still deserves a spot on the roster. Parker Davenport is another aged catcher, but everyone is ready for some Yeong Kok. He has a chance to squirt into the Opening Day roster. It will be hard and fans are excited for him to come. Burhan Tahir has become a staple of the Nine’s offense and will once again slot into 1B. You can expect a .300 season out of him. Dong-po Thum is still kicking around and will play the hot corner, but he can slide to 2B, too, as the Nine don’t really have emerging candidates at either position. But at this stage of his career, 3B seems the likeliest scenario. Hector Vazquez was signed to be the team’s SS, but don’t expect greatness.

Outfield

Arvin Duggan was the big signing this offense needed. Well, maybe what the defense needed. A little bit of both. Duggan got the big bucks to return to YS9 and play CF once again. The corners will be Devayana Koganti and Nazeeh Ragheeb. The latter is another .300 candidate while the former relies on the longball. Not terrible players, but not your ideal starting COFers where you usually find more offensive production.

Designated Hitter

Nobody is more excited for Yeong Kok than Ballbinder Palmready. Another spot where you would hope for more offensive production, but it seems the best they can do right now. The Nine have a lot of payroll flexibility so I expect a big late signing to fill the void.

This team seems much better than last year’s after some nice signings, however their star players are getting OLD. There isn’t much to say about their farm system behind them, so the Nine are in trouble. The Nine win 69 games this season because, why not…
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 2056 Yellow Springs Nine Preview

Post by BaseClogger » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:21 pm

Bwahahahaha
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:23 pm

I can just about guarantee kok will be on my roster eventually, because the team news will write itself for days. He's also decent on defense.

I'm a little worried about Picolt, but I don't need him to be awesome and if he struggles, he could be similar to Newsome for me. I had the budget to take the chance.

Like a good chunk of the lower half of the BBA, I'm living a bit on borrowed Father Time. However, in a few more years, there's some good players on the horizon and eventually one of my young pitchers has to work out, right?

Right?

I am hoping for 71 wins and a 10 game improvement, but 69 would be nice. No more 100 loss teams is really my hope here. I'm pretty realistic that we're not going to be good again until about 2058, but I'd love to stop being a doormat.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:40 pm

Your Mom knows all about Kok, they've been close for years.
GM, 2051, 2053, and 2058 JL WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2058)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”