2053 Brooklyn Robins Preview

Team, Division, League, Playoff, and all other comprehensive previews go here.
Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:21 pm

Pitching

2052 1st overall draft pick, Stephen Clulow Jr., gets the Opening Day nod, despite just half a year in the minors. Clulow, fresh off his 18th birthday, is still very rough around the edges. While pundits predict a ceiling of top end starter and floor of top-end reliever, he still needs a lot of work, which is the purpose of the minor leagues. He has no business being in the BBA for a couple more years and if going this route, why not select Samuel Nebraska, who many feel is the better prospect and already developed? Southpaw Nasid bin Amid follows Clulow in the rotation and has three solid pitches in his repertoire, but control issues will limit his ability. The next three starters are a trio of former Hustlers, highlighted by Jose Bray, who could be the best pitcher in the rotation. Eric Buckson and Garth Gunn are obvious areas in need of upgrades, but it’s what Brooklyn has to put out there for now. Arnold Cantrell and Gilberto Sosa anchor the bullpen, but have given up a combined 13 ER in 4 IP through the first week on the 2053 season. Help!

Infield

The Robins have decided to call up top prospect, Emilio Morales Jr., and give him a shot at 3B. While he may be better suited to play 1B, the Robins have nothing to lose at this point. The heralded slugger has yet to grow into his body, but at just 19, he’s got a lot of time left to build that power. The call appears to premature as the son of the home run king struggled mightily at AA last season, but why the hell not? Ben Copeland returns as the 2B, where he is a liability defensively, but will bat leadoff and might be the team’s most well-rounded hitter. Stephen Geloran Jr. is another transfer from Vegas and will be plugged in at SS, where is currently rated a 5…but it currently on pace for 14.1 WAR. Justin Propenzicotti will play 1B until the team gets someone better, which shouldn’t be hard to find ANYONE better than a 40 rated 1B. The Robins’ backstop will again be Gerardo Eremitani, who has been solid behind the plate and been selected to three all-star games.

Outfield

Chris McFadden will try his hand at CF again, but the career -19.7 ZR centerfielder will likely struggle once again. His bat plays, though, and he will be looking to return with a vengeance after missing most of last season with a broken kneecap. Gordon Ford will play LF and hits RHP decently, but could use a platoon partner. Don McKinney gets the nod in RF, but should be the short side platoon in LF so the team can get a legitimate full-time RF. There are several veterans in FA who can fill this need and potentially put more butts in the seats. Hopefully their phones get ringing.

Designated Hitter

Mike LeBlanc hits well for contact with good gap power, but very little power and plat discipline. He likes to see a pitch he likes a swings freely. His .371 SLG last year was extremely low for a DH despite hitting 37 doubles. Surely this is another area to easily upgrade in FA.

The Crooklyn Robbins are stealing precious service time away from the lone bright spots they have in their organization – Clulow and Morales. There are several affordable players in FA that can help this team quickly. I’d like to see Mufeed Hamal get a little more playing time, especially at 1B. This will surely be there 8th consecutive season at the bottom of the Atlantic and it’s hard to see them getting to 60 wins. I predict 52-110 season unless they make some easy changes.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: 2053 Brooklyn Robins Preview

Post by lordtoffee » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:45 pm

Glad to see what someone else sees with the roster. I do plan to be aggressive in FA, waivers, and trades to build around the X Generation. I've also put more coaching resources into player development this year, so I'm married to this strategy and betting on myself to a degree I've never done in OOTP.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”