2047 Twin Cities River Monsters Preview

Team, Division, League, Playoff, and all other comprehensive previews go here.
StormZ_23
Ex-GM

2047 Twin Cities River Monsters Preview

Post by StormZ_23 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:03 pm

I'm watching the Champions League final, so I thought I would do one more preview. The Twin Cities experiment is pretty much over at this point. After the all in push in 2045, the River Monsters regressed in 2046 and missed the playoffs as a result. The team must now live with the consequences of the 2045 push. So, how will this team perform in 2047?

The catcher situation isn't great, but I'd put these two catchers in a platoon. Mzee Kiango can face right-handed pitchers and Felipe Mercado can face left-handed pitchers. Luckily, Kiango is regarded as the catcher with superior ability, despite the great arm that Mercado possesses. Jose Cordero and Oliverio Luna are essentially the same player. They are both good power hitters that cannot play defense. I'm assuming Luna will start, but who knows? Mark Wareham and Tu-fu Yong should not be starters, but at least one of them will be the starting second baseman. It's very apparent that the defense on the right side of the infield is going to be among the worst in the league. At least Jim Herrick is a great defender at shortstop. Too bad he can't hit. Joey Newhouse will be the third baseman for a BBA team after spending 4 seasons in Baghdad. We are all very curious to see how he performs back in the USA. As for the outfield, there's definitely more talent than the infield. No superstars, but a few solid players. William Wood is good enough, but Luis Costello is another decent option. Ronnie Hubbard is making way too much money, but at least he still a quality player. Expect at least 3 WAR and great defense. Right fielder Jorge Gutierrez is playing for a contract, though it will be a contract from another team as there's no way this team will have the funds to keep him.

Now for the pitching staff. Carlos Rodriguez is 36 years old and he had a down year last season. There's hope that he can turn it around, but if he doesn't...well just know his contract ends in 2050. Hao Kun is in a similar position. 34 years old and a contract that doesn't end for a while. Veteran Chris Kelly is not the pitcher he once was, so let's hope he can eat innings. Though there is some youth in this rotation. Nelson Hoskin made his debut last season and will be looking to improve with a spot in the rotation. Pat Sloan was drafted just last season, but he definitely deserves a spot in the rotation. Migel Fiesco and Antonio Gonzalez could get chances too. As for the bullpen, it isn't great. Julian Duran has the all potential in the world, but he just doesn't want to put in the work. Brian Butler and Sergio Perez are solid relievers, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are traded later in the season.

Yeah this team isn't very good. The lack of star power is very telling. It's easy to say this team won't make the playoffs, but I'm curious how many game they will actually win. I don't think they will finish last in the Heartland, but the season still won't be pretty. I predict a 74-88 record and a 7th place finish.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2047 Twin Cities River Monsters Preview

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat May 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Woah...woah woah....easy that 7th place finisher spot there. We all know its held down by the greatest 7th place team of all time again...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”