2046 Hawaii Tropics Preview

Team, Division, League, Playoff, and all other comprehensive previews go here.
StormZ_23
Ex-GM

2046 Hawaii Tropics Preview

Post by StormZ_23 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:05 pm

Alright it's time for my first preview of the year. Last season, I wasn't exactly accurate with my previews. This season I pledge to do better. Seeing how James from the Hawaii Tropics chose to review the Mounties, it was easy to make my first decision. Last season, the Tropics narrowly missed out on the playoffs as they were 1 game behind the first place Surfers and every FL wild card team was from the Heartland. Can the Tropics make that final push this season?

The Ron Shiplack trade in 2042 is one of the most interesting trades of the 2040s. The trade has gone really well for the Tropics as Shiplack is nearly the perfect catcher. I'd wish his arm and ability ratings were switched, but he still a great defender and hitter. Gary Allen and Ernest McBride are two of the best power hitters in the league. Expect 40+ home run seasons from each of them. Interestingly these two were the 1st and 2nd round selections for the Tropics in 2039. That's some great drafting right there. The rest of the infield is a huge question mark. Ben Vaive was a rookie shortstop in 2045, but expect him to be a second baseman in 2046. However, Voitto Stromberg could also be the second baseman. The team has a few sims to figure out who will fill out the rest of the infield.

The left field position will be a battle between Bronx Cortez, Jose Camacho, and Bastiao Fardos. Fardos should be winning this position easily. I'm curious if the front office is looking to trade one of these outfielders for a middle infielder. Manny Garcia will likely be the starting center fielder, but I foresee a potential platoon. Although, I don't think Michel Noel would be part of the platoon. Longtime Tropic Mike Campbell will be the right fielder once again. I sense another 40+ home run season on the horizon. As long as he stays healthy, Campbell's number will be retired by the organization once his career his over.

Now it's time for the starting rotation. Well...at least what's left of it. The Tropics currently only have 3 starters listed in their rotation. However, they are all productive players. Of course we have to start with arguably the best pitcher in the BBA Alaric Wullenwebber. I never realized how insane his K/BB ratio is. He won the Nebraska for a reason. I'm sure the front office is looking to extend him as soon as possible. I'm very curious to see how much money he ends up receiving. I'm not sure if Zak Johnson has quite lived up to the expectations of a #1 overall pick, but he has been average to above average for the majority of his career. It's kind of crazy knowing my first draft was in 2037 and now Johnson is an 8 year veteran. Lastly there is Jesus Gonzalez. Unfortunately he couldn't replicate his 2044 season, but he was still serviceable. A few prospects who could find their way into the rotation this season include Ronnie Sprinkles, Denny Hamilton, and Ernie Poole. There are a few interesting pieces in the bullpen such as Felipe Lopez, Luis Santiago, and Niccolo Destafani. These guys have potential, but they need to produce at the big level, especially for a team vying for a playoff spot.

The Pacific is going to be very interesting this season as it will likely be a slugfest once again. It seems that the entire core of the Tropics will be around in 2046, so that immediately places them in the wild card race. However, with teams such as Long Beach, San Fernando, and Seattle making a run for the division, it will be a tough race. The Tropics have a few problems they need to address, but the season is still far away. If they can't patch those holes, I think they will miss out on the playoffs but finish over .500. If they can address their issues, then this is a wild card team at the very least. My prediction is 87-75 and the final FL wild card spot.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2046 Hawaii Tropics Preview

Post by Jwalk100 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Great review! I have many holes to fill and not enough cash to fill them. I will figure something out.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”