Vancouver Mounties Preview 2032 Season

Team, Division, League, Playoff, and all other comprehensive previews go here.
Edward Murphy
Ex-GM

Vancouver Mounties Preview 2032 Season

Post by Edward Murphy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Vancouver Mounties Preview 2032 Season You are going to see a very different Vancouver Mounties team this season. Last season, the Mounties finished 2nd (95/67 win/lost) in the Pacific Division, only 5 games behind the Long Beach Surfers. The Mounties lost to the Calgary Pioneers in the Geoghegan Round of the playoffs. Then even a bigger blow came to Vancouver with 3 starting pitchers, Antonio Correa, Juan Hernandez, and Alfredo Granados lost to free agency. They combined for 50 wins last season, leading the Flick League for starting pitching staff with an ERA of 3.38, runs allowed 603 and fewest hits allowed with 1287.

Going forward, Vancouver is going to have an uphill climb. The pitching void is being replaced with home grown players that have youth on their side but a lack of ML experience. I would not be surprised to see Vancouver at 500 ball for the next 1 to 2 seasons before they climb back towards the top of the Pacific Division.

The starting rotation could look like Lambert Snabel, Bert Hugill, Corbin Torres, and Jorge Jimenez. Lambert and Jorge are going to take up the veteran roll in the rotation. Lambert is a 35 year old LHP coming to Vancouver at the trade deadline from the Indy Grasshappers. Lambert started 11 games going 4 – 3, a 2.97 ERA and 1.31 WHIP in Vancouver. GM Brett Schroder dabbled in the Free Agent market and picked up Jorge Jimenez. Jorge is a 36 year old RHP who doesn’t have a fastball to speak of, his go to pitch is the sinker that tops 154 KPH and he has location, location, location on every pitch in his arsenal. The wild card in Vancouver is going to be Pablo Figueroa starting pitcher last season and this season is on the DL with a torn shoulder labrum. Pablo will see a rehab assignment, but will he be called up or spend time in the minors as he still has options.

Let’s look at the new comers now: Bert Hugill is a 24 year old LHP and is another pitcher who doesn’t have a fastball to speak of. He has a 3 pitch arsenal Curveball/Splitter/ Cutter that is almost fully developed. In the minors for the past 2 seasons at Victoria (AAA) Bert started in 33 games with 8 – 11 record, a 5.21 ERA, WHIP 1.47 and striking out 65 which is the same amount that he gave a free past to. Corbin Torres is a 22 year old RHP who has a fastball with a top speed of 154 KPH, and that is not his best pitch it goes between the Curveball and Changeup. Last season at Victoria he started in 30 games going 11 – 7 record, a 3.60 ERA pitching with a total of 175 inning and allowing only 151 hits and striking out 144.

The person who will have the responsibility to keep the pitching under control goes to catcher Elroy Hinson, team Captain. Age is starting to catch up to Elroy at 32, he is known for his fine defense. Elroy hit .299 with 12 home runs and 91 RBI’s in 134 games. Because of Elroy’s age you may see his offence potential on a slight decline. I would not be shocked to see him on the trading block at the trade deadline.

With all the area Vancouver players need to cover in the outfield, the players must be able to quickly cover a large area. Pierre Cordona in right field and Aloysius Gonzaga in center are the straws that stir the drink. Aloysius posted a range factor of 2.66 with a zone rating of +17.6. Pierre posted very similar rating with a range factor of 2.12 and a zone rating of +17.9. With speed like this in the outfield, what is next? Speed on the base pads. Vancouver lead the Flick League with steals at 363. The one thing that stands out with Vancouver is they run baby run! Pierre led the team with 94 steals and Aloysius was a close second with 89. Mike Roman will probably be the starting left fielder until Mark Sturdivant returns from the DL with a torn knee meniscus. Once Pierre and Aloysius are in scoring position Mike will provide the power to drive them home.

Last but not least let’s take a look at the infield. Jorge Sierra will be at first base. Up the middle will be Boys Altena at second and Christian Baudouin at short stop and Jesus Gonzales is at the hot corner at third. Jesus will start at third, after taking away the job from Owen Stark, who was sent packing midseason. Jorge will also drive in a lot of runs with a career triple slash of .258/.329/.512, and you can see about 24-30 home runs with most of them on the road this season. Not much gets though the Christian and Boys combo, both have ML range and arms and yes speed on the base pads. I would not be surprise to see 100 stolen bases between these two.

At DH will be Dani Lopez. Dani is not your standard free swinging player that leads the team in strike outs. You should see about 100 strike outs, around 25 home runs with an average .285 and an OBP .330, and he will have about 100 RBI’s, which is a solid number for your DH.
Edward Murphy

Playing with a Purpose
awm53222@yahoo.com

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Vancouver Mounties Preview 2032 Season

Post by RonCo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Nice wite up.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Ugh...directionless train wreck of a team...

Did I ever tell you all about how I stole Quintana from them?

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Starting SS is Brett Compton. Pretty good preview. I think ill fair better than .500. I have cap space and will undoubtedly make a move at some point.

And you didn't steal Quintana from me Stu. You stole Abe Colbert Jr from me. I really did not think he would turn out like he has.
GM Vancouver Mounties

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:47 pm

actually me either

allenr
Ex-GM

Post by allenr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Who measures pitch speed in kph? :)
GM Edmonton Jackrabbits (2030-??)
2030: 65-97 | 2031: 70-92 || Total: 135-189

Edward Murphy
Ex-GM

Post by Edward Murphy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:24 pm

allenr wrote:Who measures pitch speed in kph? :)

First time I reviewed a team north of the boarder felt like giving a little home cooking. :shrug:
Edward Murphy

Playing with a Purpose
awm53222@yahoo.com

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”