GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

59.006 – Westmoreland Reveals Forever Park Improvements

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 am

Off Topic
"Best Park in the League" Gets Better

December 1, 2058: Forever Land – With his normal flair, multi-trillionaire P. Moreau Westmoreland gathered his Bikini Krill executive officers together for a glorious gala today in which amuse-bouche, a five-course meal, and 75-year-old brandy was served before the eccentric futurist revealed his plans for expanding Forever Park, the team’s stadium from “a 40,000 seat Palace in the Sea to a 45,000 seat Adventureland Amid the Waves.”

The plans include four 1,000 seat, transparent-floor sections built into the lining of the roof, providing fans of “Earth’s Team” an elevated view of the game, and which come complete with their own concessions and merch generators “served directly to your seats.” Four more 250-set sections will be built into the outfield walls, which are being upgraded to a new multi-intelligence designed compound that serves as a kind of “two-way mirror” in that from the field side the wall is opaque and beautiful to behold, but from the fan-side it’s as if it’s not there.

“This gives fans a sensation that they are actually on the field itself,” Westmoreland gushed. “The effect is so good, I had to make the designers add a small tint to make sure our fans didn’t bump their important little noses by trying to catch a ball off the wall.”

VP of Community Outreach Monica Green was completely impressed.

“This is an amazing addition to a ballpark that was already the best and easiest to get to destination in the league. I’m sure fans will be impressed in two weeks when tickets go on sale.”

The Krill drew nearly 3 million fans last year, and hope to improve on that this coming season, though with news of scandal brewing around the league, some are concerned that this number may not be feasible.

“Our fans love us, and we love them. I hope they all come out to the park to feel just how much that’s true,” Green said.

General Manager Ron Collins was equally impressed. "I love it when Westy gets on a roll. The things we're doing here don't have comparisons. I mean, there's no machies of war here, you know? No water shortages, and with the purification systems we use to bring in good, clean Pacific Ocean water our fans and players can rest assured of their health as they take in a game. I'm not going to lie; we tout the ballpark to every player we talk to. The global reach of the fans is great, and the field is always perfect. They all say playing here is a total joy."
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

RT60
BBA GM

Re: 59.006 – Westmoreland Reveals Forever Park Improvements

Post by RT60 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:26 pm

Bikini has a VP of Community Outreach? Sometimes Louisville's Assistant GM organizes a fan bingo game at the Truck Plant Auxiliary. I need to make a change.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 59.006 – Westmoreland Reveals Forever Park Improvements

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 pm

Seeing that we're Earth's Team, it's a pretty big job.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”