GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

59.001 – Krill Open New Development School

Post by RonCo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:24 pm

Off Topic
Westmoreland Drives To Excellence

November 7, 2058: Forever Land – Multi-trillionaire Bikini Krill owner P. Moreau Westmoreland revealed today that he has built a new high-tech facility in the Forever Land Chain of the Marshall Islands that will be dedicated to improving the performance of the team’s players. “I want the fans of Earth’s Team to know that no expense will be avoided in our quest to bring excellence to Forever Field,” Westmoreland said at the ribbon cutting ceremony.

The press was then given a guided tour through the publicly accessible portion of the facility, which also serves as a virtual gaming platform and allows visitors to experience what it’s like to face big league pitching. Proprietary portions of the facility were off-limits, though descriptions throughout the day included conversation about the most advanced pieces of motion and impact sensors, visual projection systems, and advanced data processing devices that can be connected directly to a player’s nervous system to read biological information in real time.

Expectation is that work on improving players will start first thing tomorrow morning, and that the first ten players have already arrived back on the atoll. A scan of the ten give insights into how the club sees its needs, which are focused heavily on improving various defensive acumens, and pitching factors.

The list of ten includes:

SP Mahmut Binark, a highly rated prospect who has been very slow to develop. He will undergo a comprehensive program focused on improving secondary pitches. This is perhaps a career-making moment for the young pitcher, who had a cup of coffee in the bigs and pitched well at the end of the year.

Fernando Bushey, the team’s #1 pick last year, who already has shown eye-popping power in the minors, but who, if he can truly improve his defense in center field might well become an institution for the franchise. As such, he will be guided on a path to improving his defensive work.

Napoleon Mellott, arguably the teams best rookie last season, but a guy who still butchered second base. He’s probably a more natural first baseman, but the team could use him best at second. As such, he’ll focus on improving the glove at that position.

Keith Williams, who will likely take over shortstop when Larry Barkin is finished with it, has a wide-array of talents, and will likely shuttle between AAA and the BBA as injruies affect things. He has struggled on the basepaths, so the team will work to add some savvy to his running game.

It is also a big season for Kata Ishibashi, who flamed out in the second month of his debut season and was sent back to the minors. Kata Ishibashi should hit RHP better than he did, so that’s not a real concern. His defense, though, is problematic. Look for him to undergo a grilling at the hot corner.

If Michael Buckley could play defense in right field, some say he’d maybe be a superstar. The team plans to find out.

Mid-season callup Tony Munyiga surprised everyone with his bat in left field. This year the team is going to teach him how to take his glove out there.

Prospect Stephen Schmidt had a solid year in 2058, The club has instructed him to cut down his K-rate next year, and dangled the idea of a more rapid promotion if he can manage it. Specifically, he’ll be schooled on dealing better with his approach on two-strike counts.

Intriguing prospect Jose Guevera had a solid enough season in Rookie Ball that the team has apparently tagged him as a top pitching prospect in their internal documents. He will be looking to add a pitch to his arsenal.

And, finally, top prospect Benji Amberman will be facing his third pro season, and while his numbers have risen, his ratings have barely budged. The club will see if they can jumpstart him by focusing on the quality of his contact.

More players will be added to the school later in the off-season, but no word on such plans was made public.

GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Bob Breum
BBA GM

Re: 59.001 – Krill Open New Development School

Post by Bob Breum » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm

I'm going to steal this. I love it.
Bob Breum
Co-GM (Position Players)
2057 Johnson League champions
2057 Johnson League GM of the Year

Montreal Blazers

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 pm

Bob Breum wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm
I'm going to steal this. I love it.
Yep, same.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

RT60
BBA GM

Post by RT60 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 pm

I am suddenly reconsidering my choices.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 pm

To be clear, I have no real idea if this is wose or not.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:51 pm

Very logical choices that align with how I best understand to use the new feature. I feel like your team is at the perfect point developmentally for it too.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”