GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.068 – Barkin: “I’m Going to Be Ready”

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:25 pm

Off Topic
Injured Shortstop Proclaims He’ll Be There If Krill Makes the Postseason

September 23, 2058: Forever Land – “You couldn’t drag me away,” said shortstop Larry Barkin from the trainer’s table where he was getting his latest round of physical therapy as he recovers from a torn groin muscle that sidelined him in early July. He was responding to a question regarding the club’s unlikely, but still possible, shot at making the post season. And he wasn’t saying it as if he was interested in sitting in the stands. “I’ll be ready,” he said with a bright smile.

Barkin Gettng Excited
Barkin was having a solid enough season prior to his injury, hitting .262/.323/.324 and flashing solid if not spectacular defense as short. If he were to be ready, it would create additional questions on roster slots for the middle infield, which is a role that’s suddenly gotten a bit flush with hard-hitting Napolean Mellott doing his thing, mis-season waiver wire claim Jim Vineyard adding serviceable value, and rookie Keith Wiliams returning from his own stint on the Injured List last week.

“It would be a great problem to have,” said manager Richard Lawson, who has suddenly been making the media cycles a lot. “But really, we need to focus on one step at a time. The first question is can we even get there. Which, obviously, we’re working on as hard as we can. Then we’ll see what the docs say about Larry.”

That last is as important as anything, because no matter what Barkin himself says, the medical staff has been mum on his true timeline, noting only that it “could be soon.”

“I’m ready to play,” Barkin reiterated, though. “After where this team has been for so long, I’m ready. If the guys can make it to the post season, I’ll roll the world up any mountain to make it back onto the field. Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”