GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.067 – Garcia Wants to Start

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:58 pm

Off Topic
Prospect of Postseason Gives Krill Rotation Quandry

September 23, 2058: Forever Land – Front office bigwigs of the Bikini Krill will be using this last off-day on the 2058 seasons to circle the wagons and gnash their teeth as they attempt to determine the rotation for what is one of the more unlikely postseason runs of all time. The ball club, coming off a long string of losing seasons, have made a mad dash to the finish, and now stand one weird sim away from actually making something happen.

“We’re not pretending our chances are very high,” said manager Richard Lawson. “We know the math. But we also know that the math doesn’t say we need to give up. We promised our fans around the globe that we’re going to go for it. And that’s what we want to do.”

At question is who should start the first game of the four-game tilt with Hawaii. Barring an attempt to keep him from injury, that first game will see the Tropics start their ace, Semih Gurani, who is 11-7 on the year, with a 2.77 ERA. “On a contender, he’s probably a Nebraska candidate,” Lawson said. “So it’s not going to be an easy gig.” With some combination Francisco Ortiz, Jayden Nicholls, and Samuel Nebraska slated to fill the last three slots, that leaves the most likely options for game #1 as rookie right-hander Mahmut Binark, who is fresh off his best start ever, and left-hander Norberto Garcia, who has been a total breath of fresh air while posting 6-5 record to go with his sizzling 2.83 ERA in fifteen starts.

If you ask Garcia his opinion, he’ll give it to you.

“I want the ball,” he said last night. “I’ve heard all the bullshit that people are saying about me. I’m a lefty and I got only a slider and sinker. But the fact is that I got both those pitches, and both of them get guys out. I think I’ve earned it, you know? The challenge of going against Hawaii’s best doesn’t phase me at all. I need to be on the hill. Everyone knows it.”

“It’s great to have a competitor like Norberto on the team,” Lawson said when asked about his pitcher’s public outburst. “I know he can stir things up at times. But he makes us a better team, and in the end that’s what matters. He's earned his chance to voice that opinion.” Lawson went on to note that he was meeting with pitching coach Fernando Alaniz and the front office staff to confirm an approach. “We’re here to win ballgames at the end of the day. So we’ll be running numbers and bouncing them off the players and see what we wind up with.”

The coyness of the club to name a starter has some fans wondering it a surprise might be coming, and noting that guys like veteran Jay Hodge, and reliever Bill O’Connor could be pressed into the roll. And then there’s the idea of Enrique Aquilar, who started ten games earlier in the season before being moved to the bullpen.

“We have a lot of option,” Lawson said. “And all I can reveal for certain is that we’re taking this one game at a time.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 58.067 – Garcia Wants to Start

Post by BaseClogger » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

Garcia's BABIP with your defense is remarkable for a 200 inning sample.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:12 pm

Bikini would be scary in a short series. In a year that I'm going to go very traditional, Bikini could beat me at my own game if they can sneak in.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:26 pm

It's not happening..but I'm having fun with it. :)
Roster

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:28 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm
Garcia's BABIP with your defense is remarkable for a 200 inning sample.
I'll take what I can get. :)
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”