GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.056 – Bushey Clubs Three Homers

Post by RonCo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:15 pm

Off Topic
Defense “Progressing”

July 31, 2058: Hot Springs – There were audible gasps when the Bikini Krill made center fielder Fernando Bushey their first round pick earlier this season. The 20-year-old center fielder was seen as a borderline center fielder with prodigious power and a bare minimum of much else. Today in a 12-4 victory, Bushey displayed that prodigious power, walloping three homers, including a 420-foot monster to right center field that might still be sizzling.

“I’m getting my feet under me now,” Bushey said. “The game is different as a professional, and I’m just starting to get comfortable.”

“Comfortable” shows as a .276/.353/.476 slash line, with 11 doubles, a pair of triples and 9 homers in 210 AB. Better still are scouts who have upgraded the Washington State native’s defensive acumen, specifically noting he’s got better range than they first thought. He’s put up positive zone rating in center field both in college and as a pro. “If he can really play the field, that makes a difference, too,” said one unanimous scout.

Team officials say there’s no rush on Bushey’s path, and that they have every intention of leaving him in place a Port au Prince through the rest of the season. With some luck, though, and bit of the apparently patented Bushey effort, the team has some hope he might be able to jump straight to AA Kamloops next season.

Of course, another three-homer outburst might shake that plan up a bit.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”