GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.054 – Silva Could Be Ready Early

Post by RonCo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:51 pm

Off Topic
Lefty Veteran Could Be Ready Soon

August 3, 2058: Forever Land – When the Bikini Krill announced that left-handed pitcher Carlos Silva was undergoing surgery to remove chips from his elbow, most pundits expected him to be lost for the year, portending, perhaps, a retirement announcement. Today an announcement did come, but it was not the one those people expected.

“Carlos is responding well,” said Dr. Izz Al din Rafi while being interviewed for the Krill Drill, a new holographic talk cast being launched as owner Moreau P. Westmoreland’s latest media venture. “We’re going to wait a couple of weeks to be sure, but if things keep going as they are I’m expecting that he’ll be able to rejoin the team before August is out.

"I'm Feeling Fine"
Silva, 35, had been quite effective in his short stint with the club this year, posting a 3.31 ERA in ten games, one of them a start. "I'm feeling good," Silva said. "I'd like to go out there and throw tomorrow. But I'm cool with listening to the doc. He's really quite good at this."

“We would like to get Carlos back here as we expand the roster,” said pitching coach Fernando Alaniz. “He’s a hard worker, so I kind of expected he’d beat the timelines everyone was giving. We can always use a good left-handed arm.”

While there is no word from the club's front office on the pitcher's longer term arrangement, Silva is under contract only through the end of the year, so there's some thought that if he shows he's able to pitch effectively again, the team could extend him into 2059.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”