GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.052 – Krill Cut Bait on Juarez

Post by RonCo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:33 pm

Off Topic
Veteran O'Connor Added as Bullpen Arm

July 29, 2058: Sacramento – As the Krill gathered to prepare for game three in a four-game series with the Mad Popes, they were greeted with news that the front office has cut ties with Lucio Juarez, shipping him to Vancouver along with popular minor league hurler Bryan Tite in return for veteran reliever Bill O’Connor. The club retained a portion of Juarez's salary to make the deal happen.

“It’s not much of a surprise,” Juarez said as he packed up his locker. “I let the team know I was going to look into Free Agency, so I assumed something like this might happen.” Juarez has struggled heavily in his past two seasons, and the team was outwardly disappointed in his results. So his statement of intent likely helped things along. He currently sits with a 3-7 record to go with his 6.13 ERA. His FIP is a bit stronger at .385.

O’Connor, a relief pitcher with some very good years under his belt, has also had his problems this season, tossing a 6.87 ERA. The club is obvbiously hoping that the sea air will help revitalize him. O'Connor is under contract for 2059, and has a team option for 2060. At $3M, he could be a bit pricey for the role, but the team expects to have considerable financial flexibility in the out years, and if O’Connor can bounce back to form, it could be a steal. He’s a solid right-hander who throws a fastball/changeup combo that hits 100 on the gun.

At present, pitching coach Fernando Alaniz made suggestions that O’Connor could find his way into the rotation at times, too. “Thoe two pitches are two great pitches. I’ve always wondered if he could start with them.”

Fans were uncertain. “I think the Krill are just trying to out Surfer the Surfers,” said Carl McReedy as he ate a meatburger in Forever Land’s Magical Meatery Tour restaurant. “We know it’s just a matter of time before the guy drops five miles an hour and heads to the minors.

GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”