58.048 – García Emerging as Rotation Candidate

GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.048 – García Emerging as Rotation Candidate

Post by RonCo » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:05 pm

Off Topic
Is the Mercurial Pitcher Finding a Home?

July 27, 2058: Yellow Springs – Lefthander Norberto García strengthened his bid for a place in the Bikini Krill rotation today, holding the Yellow Springs Nine to two runs in six and two-thirds innings. It was García’s ninth start of the season, in which he’s posted a 3-4 record to go with a solid 3.54 ERA.

Will García quiet
the doubters?
“I like what I’ve seen from Norberto,” said manager Richard Lawson after the game, which the Kril won 11-4, powered by a 15-hit offensive outburst. “He’s a mature presence on the mound, at least.”

That last was likely a comment to detractors who suggest that the left0hander’s sometimes abrasive off-field behaviors can be distractions to the club. Lawson didn’t say if García would continue to pitch from the rotation, or be returned to the bullpen, but it’s clear that the team has been searching for anything that looks like success out of the rotation, and that with the exception of a rough outing against Twin Cities, García has been bringing the goods.

“García has been defying all the rules of thumb, that’s for sure,” said Misty Morgan in her post-game broadcast. “The common wisdom is that a guy with only two pitches just can’t be a starter in this league, but he’s been mixing up his slider and sinker well enough to make things work out pretty well. It’s hard to see the Krill keeping him in the pen if he’s going to pitch like this in the rotation."

García was his normal self when asked. “I get tired of that kind of question,” he said. “I can start. I can relieve. You know? I don’t know why people are like that. I can do whatever I set my mind to. Give me a bat and I can hit a home run.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”