GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.042 – Capps Hides Oblique Strain, Gives Up Runs

Post by RonCo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:49 pm

Off Topic
Rookie Chastised

July 7, 2058: Lake City – Oh, to be youthful. Today the team learned that 18-year-okd prospect Brain Capps lived up to his name after suffering an oblique strain his last time out, but not telling anyone. As a result, he allowed three runs while getting only one man out.

“I like, you know, didn’t want to be hurt,” Capps said afterward. “And I figured that if I didn’t tell anyone, then I’d just get better. But like, you know, the next day it tightened up and I couldn’t even take my girlfriend out dancing or nothing. So I fugred I should fess up.”

Team doctors say the strain is slight and he should recover shortly, but admittedly with the rash of injuries the team has suffered this season, they are taking every precaution with last year’s 6th round draft pick. They announced the kid would be benched until he recovers. "He works hard," said Gary Peters, the Lime's pitching coach. "So it's hard to get too mad at him. But I told him he's got to pay attention to us because last thing he wants to do it ruin his chance at a big league career."
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”