GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.041 – Three Port au Prince Hurlers Hurt in A Hurry

Post by RonCo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:39 pm

Off Topic
Juhan the Latest Out for Season

July 3, 2058: Port au Prince – 21-year-old Bill Juhan heard news no prospect wants to hear, that his problem is a ruptured tendon in his pitching finger, and that he’ll be out the rest of the season. It’s a devastating end to a season that started on the high of being drafted by a big league club, albeit in the 16th round. After posting a 1.68 ERA for his college Burger King Whoppers, Juhan had struggled to a 6.10 ERA in 10 innings of pro ball, and now some are assuming the injury is the kiss of death to his career.

The hits don’t stop coming there, though.

Two actual prospects, 2056 1st rounder Lanny Reed suffered mild shoulder inflammation (as if there is ever a “mild” inflammation) a few days earlier, and last season’s interesting 8th round choice Ji-an Liang suffered an abdominal strain that has put him in DTD status for the past few days.

“When it rains it pours,” said the Purple Aces manager Duncan Gardner. The team placed solid center field prospect Felix Caraballo on the injured list with elbow inflammation, and the week before that it was pitcher Graham Randull who sat with shoulder tendonitis. The week before that it was Rafael Estrada with a herniated disc, who had his season essentially ended. “Baseball’s a tough game,” Gardner said with a shrug. “I don’t know why anyone’s mama lets a kid play it, to be honest. It's like a killing field out there, I tell ya. Guys get hurt. I mean, it's not like there's some setting in life that you can toggle to change how often guys get hurt, right? All you can do is patch ’em up and get the next guy in line a uniform, right?”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”