GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.038 – Page Suffers Inflammation During Inflammation Rehab

Post by RonCo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:37 pm

Off Topic
Reliever Returns to IL

July 4, 2058: Pasco: Bikini reliever Ralph Page, who was assigned to Pasco to complete a rehab assignment after being put on the IL with elbow inflammation, left the mound early today, and has been diagnosed with elbow inflammation again.

“I’m not sure what’s up with that,” he said afterward. “I took ibuprofen, just like the doctor said. I guess the stuff just doesn’t work.”

Page, who had posted a 4.15 ERA in 16 games with the Krill, was put back on the Injured List, where team doctors say he’ll stay for at least another month, maybe longer. The re-injury leaves the 33-year-old with considerable question marks in his future. He signed a $700K “show me” contract with the club after Bikini had signed him the year prior when he was, natch, on the Injured List with a torn rotator cuff.

“It’s always something,” Page said. “All I can do is keep working and working, and then we’ll just see what happens. I don’t see any reason I can’t come back and make a difference before the season’s out.”

“He’s a hard worker,” said Krill manager Richard Lawson after hearing Page’s position. “If anyone can make it work out, I’d bet on Ralph.”

In the meantime, just list him as another Krill down in sick bay.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”