GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.015 – Hodge Gets a Simple Twist of Fate

Post by RonCo » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:48 pm

Off Topic
Veteran Hurler to Make Krill Debut

April 15, 2058 -- Forever Land: The BBA is the land of “one man’s misery is another’s redemption” I guess. With news that Lucio Juarez is taking week long tour of the IL to ensure his shoulder soreness doesn’t get out of hand, the Bikini Krill found themselves a shoulder down as they prepared to host Long Beach to start a three game tilt.

Enter Jay Hodge, the Surfer cast-away who the club picked up late last year and who wowed everyone with a scoreless Spring Training camp, and has added on a scoreless couple weeks in AAA.

“I don’t blame them at all,” Hodge said of the Surfers in an interview as he arrived in Long Beach to join the team, as fate would have it, just before they face his old team. “I lost a lot of velocity, and to be fair I didn’t know how to get guys out without it. I mean, it took me awhile. But I’ve done a lot of soul searching and a little extra work with the movement—and I know I need to live on command. So really I’m just trying to block everything out and locate better now than I did then. Either way, it’ll be great to see the guys again.”

For their part, the club is excited to see Hodge arrive.

“I loved listening to him in camp,” said a struggling Samuel Nebraska. “The guy knows how to pitch. I’m guessing he’ll be a good coach someday.”

The jury is still out of course. And baseball people seem to be holding their breath. “It’s not like he’s got the repertoire he used to have,” said Misty Morgan, sportscaster for the Forever Land Network. “So we’ll just have to see what he brings to the table.

Hodge’s contract will pay him $1M for the season, prorated for the time he was in the minors.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”