GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.013– Parish Makes his Case For Rotation Slot

Post by RonCo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:59 pm

Off Topic
Spring Outings Support Case

March 18, 2058: Catalina Islands: That the Bikini Krill’s rotation is in a bit of a shambles is well known to just about everyone. You’ve got Samuel Nebraska, who can pitch a little. After that it’s a scrum. You’ve got Enrique Aguilar and Lucio Juarez, who have both struggled returning from injuries. You’ve got Jayden Nicholls, who impressed in a few late-season outings in 2057, and who has been so-so in the spring. Howard Brown, too. Bill Keefe, brought over in a trade last season is in the mix. And newly signed Francisco Ortiz is in the conversation.

The team had almost certainly wanted to see top prospect Mahmut Binark make leaps and bounds in camp, but the highly touted righty barely hopped, better yet leapt or bounded.

It’s quite a mess of fish, as my granddad used to say.

Then there’s another name: John Parrish. At 27, Parrish is a bit of an enigma. He’s one of those tweeners, you know? Only throws 93, with a decent enough repertoires, but no single pitch that he can rely on. Keeps the ball on the ground. He started 12 games in Seattle in 2056 with limited success, but was sent to AAA last season and pitched well enough to bring up again in September. A 2.70 ERA in four outings got him a spring invite, and solid enough 2.45 ERA in his four innings of work have folks chatting about him.

"I like that he keeps the ball in the park," said manager Richard Lawson. "And he doesn't put a lot of guys on first with the free pass."

The club intends to give him at least one more solid start in the next week, likely to be against the Madison ballclub, and rumor is that the buzz says he might well break with the team when they head to the atoll. Or technically, when they head to Sacramento for opening day.

“I’m not sure what to think,” Parrish said when he was asked about it. “Obviously, I thought I might have been able to help the Krill last year, but I don’t really get a say. I just go pitch and hope for the best.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”