GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.007– Collins Talks Falchonelli Signing

Post by RonCo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:43 pm

Off Topic
Krill Adds An Outfielder

January 27, 2057: Forever Land What follows is a transcript from the recent episode of “Grilling the Krill,” a Virtural Reality Sports Talk Show hosted by Forever Land Sports Network’s Misty Morgan in which she interviewed Bikini GM Ron Collins:
”From Grilling the Krill” wrote:
Misty_Morgan_Interviewing_RC.JPG

Morgan: So your team just came to agreement with Gilbert Falconelli. What are your thoughts about him?

Collins: Obviously we love the addition. He was in our top tier of the Want List, and we’ve been in the mix with him for a while now. A right-handed hitting outfielder who can play defense is a real need for us, and Gilberto fits that like he’s the proverbial picture in the dictionary. It was really a matter of making sure he felt this was the right fit for him.

Morgan: Will we see him in center?

Collins: Some, I’m sure. His time in Twin Cities the past few years shows he can still field the position in a crunch, but we like John Henderson out there defensively more often than not. So I expect he’ll play left field against left-handed pitchers mostly, and then spell John when we need to. We love his versatility. Even at 37, he can still run. And with our kids around, he’s going to be a great influence.

Morgan: The financials of the deal are a little controversial among the Krill Thrill (team lingo for the fans). Six million for the year. With an option?

Collins: The fans of our team are among the most savvy around the league—which only makes sense because they come from all around. I know they are as aware of our financial situation as I am, so I’m happy they’re anxious. Heck, I’m anxious every time we spend some of Westy’s cash. But I think that’s a good deal for us. It keeps us well under the total spending profile we have for the year, and the team option gives us an out if Bad Things Happen. But, on the other hand, I’m assuming Gilberto is going to be here both years, and going to have a very solid impact on the field over that time.

Morgan: What does this mean for Theo Bourges?

Collins: Theo and I have talked several times. He knows where we’re at.

Morgan: He’s good with a bit role?

Collins: He knows where we’re at.

Morgan: There are rumors that you would like to deal him.

Collins: I’m always open to taking actions that will help both Theo and the team. If we could find the right place where his veteran leadership could help another team get over the hump and compete for a Monty, that would probably be a win-win.

Morgan: People say you're willing to make financial sacrifices to make that happen.

Collins: I mean, nothing is off the table. But realize Theo is a fine person, and he's had a great career. I want to keep everything dignified. Nothing would be better than to have a guy like that want to come back and be part of the organization some day.
For more of this detailed interview, subscribe to the All-Access "Grilling the Krill" News Feed, available on all devices and in direct-link connections near you.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: 58.007– Collins Talks Falchonelli Signing

Post by ae37jr » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:57 pm

I really enjoyed Falcho during his tenure. He found a niche as a short side platoon RF, defensive replacement and CF against low movement pitchers. I'm not sure he is going to hold up as a 38 year old fragile everyday player though. I think ideally less is more with him.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”