GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.002– Nicholls Takes $1M

Post by RonCo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:31 pm

Off Topic
September Audition Nets Krill Contract

November 10, 2057: Forever Land – Right handed starting pitcher Jayden Nicholls has parlayed a late-season minor league contract, and a September stint with the Krill into a contract for a cool $1M for 2058.

Nicholls was 1-1 with a 2.53 ERA in four starts with Bikini, including a 5+ inning start at Sacramento to finish his season. He’s a hard-thrower who tops the gun at 100 MPH, and tends to keep the ball on the ground, as his 21 BBA innings without allowing a homer attests to. With most of the Krill’s rotation still dealing with ramifications of injury, and a budget that (while growing) is still not going to give the club much grunt on the Free Agent market, the addition of Nicholls as a fifth starter kind of pitcher adds some depth to the organization. His $1M price tag was obviously in the range, and the 1-season arrangement works as a further “show me” kind of thing.

“I’m really happy to have Jayden extend his stay with the Krill,” said GM Ron Collins. “He’s seen everything, you know? He’s the kind of guy you like to have around.”

Nicholls saw time in both Jerusalem and Tripoli during six seasons in the Global Baseball Consortium before bouncing around in the BBA, last with Omaha.

“I’m excited to be here,” the pitcher said. “My family and I are really happy to come to the Atoll. Forever Land is an amazing place, as the ads all say. To be honest, I though tmy career might be over when Omaha dropped me. So when the phone rang last summer I got really excited. It’s great to be wanted.”

Some team insiders have been questioning the overall rotation for 2058, some to the extent of noting that team strategists have been seen muttering about “trick” rotations. Assuming such thing were to happen, how Nicholls might play into that is hard to fathom. If he can post numbers even close to his September stint, however, things will get a lot easier, regardless of any tricks.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”