GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.120– Bourges Takes The Money

Post by RonCo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:07 am

Off Topic
Outfielder Returns For One More Year

November 3, 2057: Forever Land –37 year old outfielder Future Hall of Famer Theo Bourges informed bikini krill front office members today that he was executing his player option for 2058, and would be joining the team for one more go round. The decision means the club will owe Bourges $15 million, so the news was greeted with a mixed media sensation of responses.

“We're very excited to have Theo back in school again,” general manager Ron Collins said. “He's a fine person, and has had a spectacular career. Putting a guy like that in the clubhouse is something you always want to do.”

Collins had no comment on the never ending stream of rumors that say that the Krill would like to trade Bourges, and said that the team’s public relations campaign at the end of the year—focused on highlighting the idea that he might be better advised to become a free agent—was something the Krill wanted to do for the veteran outfielder rather than to get rid of him.

Right. I'd buy that for a dollar.

While still having valuable moments last season, Bourges’s production dropped precipitously over the year prior. Is OPS+ Fell to 84, and he hit only eight home runs. That certain, he still flashes elite bases running, and his six triples were his best since 2053, coming on only 326 at bats. He lost six weeks due to elbow inflammation, but injuries have not been the serious issue for him since 2052.

“It's not about the money, really.” Bourges said during a video chat yesterday. “I love what this team is doing, and it's fun to be around the guys. I'd like to tell my grandkids about being on the first team that brought this kind of technology into the world.”

No word as to whether Bourges would consider playing for half the price.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”