GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.112– Muscouri Inks Another Year

Post by RonCo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:19 pm

Off Topic
Bullpen Picture Stabilizing

September 23, 2057: Forever Land – Left-handed reliever Theron Muscouri became the third Bikini reliever to sign a deal with the team for 2058, agreeing to a $950K deal that avoided arbitration. “I’m excited to see another year here,” Muscouri said. “I think we’re on the brink of something really good.”

Muscouri’s overall numbers (3-1, 2 saves, 4.03 ERA) obscure the fact that he was deadly to left-handers all season. Right handed batters OPSed .919 against him, but lefties were a meager .668. Despite the damage RHB did, his overall FIP- was only 102.

Manager Richard Lawson took some of the blame for those overall numbers. “Given the nature of the bullpen’s construction, we had to press Theron into service in a few places that maybe we shouldn’t have. But we’ve added a few guys this past season, and I’m optimistic we can do better next season. Theron is a nice weapon to have at our disposal”

The signing comes after that of the lately signed Carlos Silva ($800K) and Ralph Page ($700K). Stalwart bullpen ace Cliff Crudge also signed a deal to avoid arbitration, and will return next season. With rumors that the team is also working on an arrangement with RHP Adrián Fox, and the emergence of lefties John Hurry and Norberto Garcia as both cheap and reliable pieces, it appears that bullpen plans are settling out. Alex Brayton also had his moments, though most of their memories have been obliterated by a Hindenburg level disaster of a stint being pressed into service as a starter.

“It’s going to be an active off-season, I think,” Lawson said. “I understand the money’s going to be a little easier this time around, so I’d say it’s a good time to be a fan of Earth’s Team.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”