GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.084 – Aguilar Rehab Off to Rocky Start

Post by RonCo » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:42 am

Off Topic
Returning Hero Hit By Homer Bug

July 30, 2057: Pasco – For the second time in his brief rehab, Bikini Krill pitcher Enrique Aguilar went to the hill tonight, and returned with a minor league loss. While raw performance isn’t really the point of these things, it’s still a bit depressing to witness. In this case, under a pitch count limit, Aguilar yielded a pair of runs in his 3.1 innings, striking out two and walking no one. At issue was the solo homer he allowed in the opening frame – a blast that matched the one he allowed in his first equally ill-fated outing.

It's a bit unnerving because the righthander – a fly ball pitcher at his core - has exhibited a propensity to give up the long ball in his past.

All total, Aguilar sports an 0-2 record and a 7.71 ERA.

“That’s not what I wanted,” he said while icing his arm after the game tonight. "But the most important thing is that I’m not hurting at all. They’ve kept me under fifty (pitches) so far, but I’m hoping they take the shackles off pretty soon. It feels good to get out there and compete again.”

Krill manager Richard Lawson said there was no firm schedule to recall Aguilar.

“We need him, though, that’s for sure.”

Insiders suggest that the 27-year-old right hander is on a week-by-week process. “It’s really about his health at this point. I mean, can he do much worse that what we’re throwing out there?”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”