GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.064 – Negotiations With Gui Described As “Unproductive”

Post by RonCo » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:15 pm

Off Topic
Fans of “Earth’s Team” Call For Extension

In a move some considered kowtowing to fan pressure, the Bikini Krill have been reported to have met with representatives of second baseman Run-ming Gui in order to discuss an extension of his contract. The 30-year-old is having a solid season, having belted 20 homers as the All-Star break comes near, something that dans across the globe are noticing.

RMG-tweetG.png

Unfortunately, Gui’s new agent, Bertram C. “Bertie the Squirty” Myers, of SPorts Representation, Education, And Digital Entertainment Management - Wide, Inc, made public that the talks had not gone well.

“It’s like they are serving surf ’n’ turf, but I know I’ve got the prime rib on the menu so I don’t see dinner being served anytime soon,” Myers said.

Gui, a clear fan favorite amid a mucky season, is drawing $5.1M this season and has a player option worth $7M for next. The club would probably like to keep him around, with a preferred method being for Gui to accept that option. Most insiders suggest that Gui’s action of hiring Myer’s SREADEM-Wide, Inc. to represent him says that his chances of accepting that option are lower than the chances of finding a non-tweaked pitcher in Sacramento’s Basilica. Myers said that Gui is simply looking for a long-term deal that he and his family for generations to come can retire on.

When asked if his client might give the struggling Krill a hometown discount, he said “"Sometimes it's better to take the six pack than it is to search for the champagne, but at the same time you have to decide if maybe a shot of Isabella’s is more appropriate.”

Whatever the hell that means.

The whole thing leaves the team between the proverbial rock and hard place.

"It's clear the team would like to have Gui for a few extra seasons, and it's my understanding that they've explored shorter-term deals that are in line with the money RMG is asking for," reported Forever Land Sports Network's Misty Morgan. "But it's also clear that Gui wants the years and the dollars, so I'm hearing things are mostly unproductive as it stands today."

There is still a long time until the end of the year, so things could work out.

Fans, however, should probably not be holding their breath.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”