Moderator: Lane

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

2057.03 - The Long Beach Independent - Krill Join Surfers on Catalina Island

Post by Lane » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:10 pm

KRILL BRING THE PARTY TO CATALINA

February 25, 2057
Catalina Island, CA

As reported in The Daily Krill, the newly relocated Bikini Krill have joined the Long Beach Surfers in setting up Spring Training camp on Catalina Island, just off the coast of Los Angeles. New owner P. Moreau Westmoreland hosted myriad players, family, and friends at an extravagant party headlined by cover band The Krill Is Gone. A few Surfers were spotted at the party, and notably owner O'Shea 'OMG' Jackson and GM Stephen Lane were guests of honor, seen mingling and drinking with Westmoreland and Krill GM Ron Collins throughout the evening.

Before the Mai Tais and gin and tonics were flowing, Westmoreland, Collins, Jackson, and Lane were seen touring the Long Beach facilities which admittedly are showing their age since being built in 2029. The group was said to have been discussing installation of a Come Together Door at the site as a trial run before allowing installation in the Surfers' home stadium in Long Beach. It is unknown whether Lane or any Surfers personnel have used a Come Together Door, but reports indicate that the team is excited about the promising technology and it's ability to completely change the way the team travels.

"We're always looking for ways to improve the experience for our players, whether it's facilities or nutrition, or travel. O'Shea is very supportive of the team, and that's all we can say right now. We're not ready to discuss specifics, tonight is about celebrating the arrival of the Krill to Catalina and the start of spring training," said GM Stephen Lane, as he stood at the bar waiting for another gin and tonic. "Ron [Collins] and I have always had a good relationship, and I'm excited to have his club on Catalina with us. We're going to enjoy the party, and get to work tomorrow."
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2057.03 - The Long Beach Independent - Krill Join Surfers on Catalina Island

Post by Dington » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:24 pm

You have to wait for your drinks? Pathetic.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: 2057.03 - The Long Beach Independent - Krill Join Surfers on Catalina Island

Post by Lane » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:30 pm

Dington wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:24 pm
well, Westy did have one of his synthesizers available, but I prefer my drinks handmade
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:33 pm

Lane wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:30 pm
Dington wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:24 pm
well, Westy did have one of his synthesizers available, but I prefer my drinks handmade
No GM should have to wait. I've got two staff members ready at hand and when my drink is below half they will bring me a new one.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Long Beach Surfers”